Home Chat General Chat
Options

Todays London to Brighton bike ride

am a kuota convert now mate .. can't fault 'em (how i loved my mtb.....sob) but my k-factor goes like a witches stick & thats what counts

madnurse phil

Comments

• Options
    ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    What a day, did the whole ride start to finish in 4 hours 4 minutes, went like a missile. Have to say though that I think its time for a new bike as the Carrera Virtuoso that I have for 4 years, although having spent money on upgrading, needs to be a little quicker, but saying that it still flew past those people on mountain bikes. So can anyone recommend something quite nice that would be a suitable upgrade.

I do have to say that after having serious injury 2 weeks previous at the Ardingly triathlon on my left foot, it still hurts like buggery and maybe going like a lunatic today didnt help, but hey what the hell!!!!
  • Options
    BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Hmmm, have to confess to getting fed up with being a team player (they took 4hrs to do the first half) ended up ditching them and hammering onto the finish in under 2hrs, was chuffed to get up that huge hill in one crack as well (specially given I was riding a huge clunker from 1960). Top day in all though.
  • Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Ian

Having done the London to Brighton bike ride recently do you remember Ditchling Beacon[&:] the last big hill before the downhill into Brighton? Remember all the walkers?

I've just entered a Tri (400/25/5) which goes up that (on the bike route) Doh![:'(]

I might just live to regret this[:(][&:]

David
  • Options
    JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Sounds like it was a good day.

I have just found out that my bonus is only 9%, instead of 17%, so my new bike is out the window. How gutted am I. Unless of course I go to toys r us, and buy a miniture bike.

• Options
    peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    DoTri

i have a nasty feeling it could be the ESFRS tri on the 23rd as i have just got my race instructions. It mentions a steady climb up Ditchling beacon for 1km!! so pace yourself - yeah okay!!

See you at the top - (i will probably be the one pushing at the side of the road).

Have fun

Ian