Home Chat General Chat
Options

End too End(cycle ride)

Any body out there completed the John O'Groat's to Lands End cycle ride?

I 'm planning on trying it next September.Whats the best way to go north to south or other way ?

Comments

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I did an Irish end to end (Belfast to Cork) last Summer. Basically I got up one morning looked at the map and thought "why not?" I travelled very light; a large bum-bag with very compressed kit, trousers, longsleeve t-shirt, stupidly light sandals and a credit card. I did it in 2 legs; left at 14.30 and went nonstop until 21.30 and then 08.00 until 21.55 (I stopped for food and for shelter during a thunder storm). It was a great feeling having completed it. I thought nothing much of it but word leaked out and I enjoyed folk hero/village idiot status for a few weeks. I suppose I am an experienced cyclist - I did this on the back of IM Switzerland and a week in the Dolomites. Good luck to you choose your route with care and just get on with it!
  • Options
    I rode in September this year and it was one hell of a ride, went from jog -Lands end and loved it.

It was completed in 12 days covering an average of 80mile per day.9 of the days it rained so make sure you have good waterproofs.

To avoid chaffing take some sudocream for a rub in those vital parts after a shower in the evenings.

Make sure you eat plenty wich i'm sure you know but i was supprised at how hungry i was at night.

If you want to e-mail me [email=ady.baker999@hotmail.co.uk]ady.baker999@hotmail.co.uk[/email] i can send you a copy of my route if you would like an idea.

Most of all enjoy the experiance and take loads of photo's.

Enjoy[:D]