Home Chat General Chat
Options

Ball of foot is bruising???

Hi All

I continue to have various problems with running. Not only am I still in on ongoing struggle with my ‘Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome’…..which is actually effecting my whole life…..i get soooo down about it…

…anyway, more recently, i have started to notice that the ball of my left foot (the ball being that bit just behind your big toe) is getting bruised! You can’t see any bruising, i can just feel it. In combination with this i am getting knee pain (same leg), the pain is on the outside of the knee and a little higher than my knee cap. I think the two are related.

Does anyone have any experience of the bruised ball? (no jakes)….?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Hi, I had a similar sensation in my heel and it turns out that it isn't bruising at all but pain caused by a stretched ligament, which in turn is due to a knotted muscle in my calf.

It does re-occur occasionally but I now know which stretches sort it out, so it is fairly short lived. With me, it is mainly due to not warming up/ down enough. If I stretch the right muscles after a run it doesn't appear.

I'm not saying yours is the same as it's a different area of the foot but I spent probably about 2 years thinking mine was bruising and consequently going through about 6 pairs of running shoes and numerous orthotics in the search for a cure, when it was really much more simple than that!!!

I guess what I'm saying is it might be worth an expert opinion, other than a GP, (as if the GP isn't a sportsman they'll probably just say it's an injury and give you some painkillers). Maybe worth investing in a couple of visits to a sports orientated physio.

Then again, it may just be bruising!!!!!!

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Have you ever visited a podiatrist? They might be able to recommend some sort of corrective insole to take the stress away from your balls.

No joke intended.