Home Chat Race Chat
Options

First Tri

Hi all,
Looking for a sprint in May - This will be my first tri. I had originally decided on Grendon as it is only about an hour away from me, and I have wakeboarded there many times so thinking this might make it pyschologically easier for me swim wise......hmm. However, I read somewhere that it might not be that suitable for novices?
Is it worth doing you reckon?

Comments

• Options
    risris Posts: 1,002
    not done grendon so have no idea how well geared it is to rookies, but it doesn't look like it is too far from lichfield where the chaserace pool events are held (their ow stuff is at barton marina which is a bit further away, although if you live in that direction it might be closer to you!)
  • Options
    bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Grendon is a suitable event for novices but this years race is a Qualifier for 2010 and 2011 European championships and 2010 World championships so there will be a lot of fast age groupers there looking for qualification.

The Grendon event organisers "Just Racing " organise the Northampton sprint triathlon in June which is at the same venue and IIRC uses the same course as the Grendon Tri.

Excellant race venue and organisation.

As Ris stated the Lichfield race (pool swim) in May is well reccommended as is the Barton marina open water sprint on 6th June.

Here is a link to BT website for sprint triathlons in May

http://www.britishtriathlon.org/events/ ... it2=Search
    Good Luck in your first Tri