Home Chat General Chat

DNS against my name

I was supposed to be doing the silverstone half marathon a week last Sunday but the tri gods decided to give me a bad cold and I knew it would be stupid to even attempt it. It was a warm up race to be fair.... but I was gutted to miss out especially as I still went to watch as my mrs was doing it (her first ever HM completed in 1 hr 57 43 seconds - very proud of her as she only started running again last October/November after a few years break from running for her school!). It looked a great course too... but I like to think its best to get the cold out of the way before the tri season starts for me.

the worst part is I'm back training and feel totally fine. if the cold had been a week earlier I would have been fine.

Has anybody else had a DNS against their name?

Comments

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Loads, including 3 marathons. Due to a variety of injury, illness and once a car accident.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    yep..final tri of the season last year ... crap feeling for the yearend but you soon realise you'll be back to fight another day..
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    2009 - first Tri of the season, had to scratch as came off my bike 2 wks previous, banged up my legs and ribs, even had to get xray as had suspected puntured lung. Still have scars - but as a boy they are a mark of honour.