Home Chat General Chat

Steamed up goggles

w1llw1ll Posts: 3
Goggles steaming up on open water swim sessions, is driving me nuts.. an ideas, ive tried spitting in them and anti fog etc...

Comments

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Put your face in the water before you put the goggles on.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    New goggles.

Carbon ones preferably.
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    I use a LOT of spit.........an ant should be able to do laps up and down...
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Get some spit in there before each swim, slosh it about rinse it out. Stick your face in the water to cool it down. Goggles on! Job done!

New goggles are always worth it!
  • w1llw1ll Posts: 3
    i'll start spitting and er dunking thanks....
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I no longer have this problem since i stopped doing OW swimming, or any swimming for that matter, I've found not swimming to be the most effective way of avoiding steamed up goggles.

But if you insist on swimming then maybe you could try making your face cooler (dunking) before putting goggles on and cooling the goggles (dunking) before spitting - also try not to eat any chocolate before spitting as that makes the goggles look a bit unsavoury (yes i unfortunately did once)
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    best anti-fog solution i have found is kids shampoo (johnsons)...rinse with this before each swim and always been clear, tried the expensive spray types and found them not that reliable.
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    aoneill69 wrote:
    best anti-fog solution i have found is kids shampoo (johnsons)...rinse with this before each swim and always been clear, tried the expensive spray types and found them not that reliable.
    Soaking goggles in soapy solution gets ride of the grease and dirt on the lenses which attract the condensation (fogging). Using kids shampoo makes sense -no more tears!

After rinsing dont touch the inside with your grubby mitts!
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    I have the most knackered pair of kayene's I've had for years with mould growing on the inside.
    A few drops of aqua sphere anti fog solution, (£3 from my running shop) leave for 30 seconds.
    2km in 12oC open water and not a trace of fog.
    I swear by it.