Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done this week??

Comments

• Options
    Monday: Weights
    Tuesday: Swim (300w/u, 8x50drills, 12x100@s20secs, 8x50drills, 200c/d)
    Today: Bike 30 mins, run 15 mins - really easing into the IM training
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    week 3 of endurance nation flavoured training plan

Mon 30 min swim. concentrating on tipping the wrist and not sticking my thumb out.
    Tues track session with leicester tri. drills then 800/100 x 4 and 5x100
    weds rest day - my hams would not move
    thurs turbo, 1 hour 2x10' @ 160HR, rest at 145HR
    Fri turbo, 1 hour 3x10' @ 160HR, rest at 145HR
    sat run, 2x1/2 mile @ 6' pace, 2x1 mile @ 6'30 pace
    sun 2hr Mountain bike, with approx 2x10' hard
    Mon 30 min swim. concentrating on accelerating through the pull and past the hip.

cheers
    Shaggy
  • Options
    Sunday 45 mins turbo...3 x 15min drills
    Monday 1hr turbo......4 x 15min drills...
    Tuesday 4 mile run in the dark this morning...
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 442
    Week 3 of me doing nothing except cycling to work and back 7 days a week. Its driving me mad!

If nothing else Ive had roadside puncture repair training 2 nights in a row. Winter tyres are now on.
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Last night (monday) was my first training session for a whil as I ae been il wit a flare up of my syndrome!
    So last nigh was 5 miles in 34 mins. really pleased with it but boy I was sore this morning!

I am realy hopeful I hae go over the symptons now andafull training plan can be put back into my life.
  • Options
    Zip, nadda, zilch.......DIY and weekends away has taken over my life the last few weeks. Fitness has gone to the wall but the lounge looks pretty good if I do say so myself!!!

Going to try to get a few short runs (maybe try fartlek) before work/lunch hour before week is out, as its 'dead' time that could be put to good use.
  • Options
    Nothing since a short bike ride on Sunday. Too busy with work and final week's rehersals for the village panto. Oh yes I am....
    But am aiming to join Ashford Tri club once that's over and get myself more organised.
  • Options
    Been aiming to get my swim times down, not really happening yet!
    Tues - 750M swim & 400M swim + various drills
    Wed (today!) Weights, upper body serious workout!
    Thu tomorrow, intend on 4.5k run
    Friday - all out swim efforts at 1k
    Sat - praying for dry, non windy weather to blow some cobwebs off the bike!

Then repeat next week! Think it's time to order the Turbo Trainer!
  • Options
    risris Posts: 1,002
    mon - 2x12mi bike commute (z2)
    tue - 3mi run commute (z2)
    wed - 4.0mi run commute (z2); 3.6mi run commute (z2)
    thu - 4mi run (z2)
    fri - 2x12mi bike commute (z2)
    sat - nowt
    sun - 7mi run (z2)

knacked my foot yesterday so might have to take a quiet week this week
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Not a lot this week ---

30 mile Bike ride with the Tri Club Saturday
    6 mile run tonight with the dogs

hoping to start building back up the training after about a couple months of no structure and missed sessions.
  • Options
    Sun - 35-40 miles group ride
    Mon - swim
    Tues - track session - 2 x 6 x 300m, 30 sec rec
    Weds - swim am, 12mi cycle and 4 mi jog pm
    Thurs - 10.5 mile run - in 79 minutes - pretty happy!
    Tomo - REST
    Sat - depends if it rains - maybe a 6 mi fartlek.
  • Options
    md6md6 Posts: 969
    Monday - swim 800m, bike (spin in the gym) 35 mins, run (treadmill) 3k
    tuesday - rest
    wednesday - 3.5 mile easy run
    today - rest
    friday - weights
  • Options
    shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Is this thread all about willy waving.... does anyone actually care about what training someone else has done? not really if you are really honest.
  • Options
    Thats a good question shadowone, As you can see I read other posts because I read yours. I started the thread so I could draw motovation from others. I have I suppose waved my willy around but not the threadDam i started this thread in good faith not so people could get the bits out and wave them around in mines bigger than yours way. I bet that never happens on the BTTTTTTTTTTTTC forum! Maybe thats the place for me and my small willy waving ability. Only joking.

It might be the case I dont know??????

Well anyway 30000 mile run in 45 m ins for me last night. Its bigger than yous now!!!! LOL

Actually 10 k run and it felt great as I changed my breathing technique and did the big exhale thing every 5 mins or so.
  • Options
    Is this thread all about willy waving.... does anyone actually care about what training someone else has done? not really if you are really honest.
    I put my weeks up for interest as I am following a raise your threshold in the off-season plan. Not tried one before, last year I did lots of long and slow. This year I want long and fast. - training, not willy!

Surely willy-waving is on your other forum shadowone

Ade
  • Options
    Sigh............I think you'll find I have the biggest cock on this forum.........
  • Options
    firestarter - i'd get that looked at - there aren't meant to be big red bits on the head...
  • Options
    put my weeks up for interest as I am following a raise your threshold in the off-season plan. Not tried one before, last year I did lots of long and slow. This year I want long and fast. - training, not willy!

Surely willy-waving is on your other forum shadowone
    Two things here.

1. This has nothing to do with the other forum
    2. Lets back the bus up a little, I could write the following:

I done 5 million lengths in the pool jumped out the water, then went out on my bike did 60 miles in zone 2 whilst doing one leg pedal drills. Then when I got home, I went for a 26 mile run and all before tea time.

Please for feck sake this thread is a joke. I'll bet 90% of people couldn;t care less what other people have done in the prev night. Most folks won;t give a toss when training, certainly makes me laugh more than motivate.

this is more of my penis is bigger than yours than what training have you done last night. Anyhow I wonder how much of this is junk miles. If you don't like what I'm saying then, to coin a pharse from someone - go build a bridge and get over it.
  • Options
    Had meant second part of my reply to be humerous too, problem with typing, no control over interpretation.

By other forum I was alluding to, tongue in cheek, alternative uses of the internet to tri (apparently there are other uses!?!) rather than dis-sing the BCTTT. Certainly didn't mean to provoke a serious argument or cause upset.

Anyway, that's enough of that I've got Land's End to John O'Groats to do before bedtime.

Ade
  • Options
    OK now we've made up - group hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Oh, my! It's all gone a bit treefrog, hasn't it?

Actually I reckon that old bugger was the only one who really got his todger out on this thread (or indeed it's more boasty 'what training have you done TODAY?' predecessor), with his 35mph for 2 hours sessions on his turbo. His uncalibrated turbo... It made me giggle when he'd actually post a road session and lament his 'crappy' 27mph performance or whatever.

IMHO The best bit about this thread is that it occasionally gets diverted into a bit of trend analysis. I've done it myself - posting a swim session where my changes in technique have resulted in a PB 4 months in a row being one example. I've picked up some interesting stuff from people who've made intelligent analysis of how their training is showing results, also from those who've commented about recovery from injuries etc.

Yes, I'm not too interested in hearing how MegaAthlete111 has ground out yet another 700mile week and can now lift a 100kg weight with his anal sphincter, but each to their own. Some of it is useful.

Anyway, all the willy-waving DOES go on over at the BCTTT forum. God knows we've got to try and boast about something and it's not our training or tri performances. Apart from Hussler, but he's only barely tolerated and receives visits from the correction Ninjas on a regular basis.

Ooops, nearly forgot: dodged 2 sessions with my running partner, missed a coached swim session 'cos some brat honked in the pool, had about 7 Lemsips, demolished 2 x kitchen roll and a box of Kleenex, infected 3 colleagues. Ah-ah-ah-ah--CHOO! OINK! Damn the swine! Viva la Revolution!
  • Options
    Says the bloke that finished in the top half of the London Tri
  • Options
    mission accomplised.... see this forum is working
  • Options
    Well I've just eaten a massive macDonalds so there.
  • Options
    joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Well I've done buggar all, unless you count lifting glasses of wine and practising a swift transition of food from plate to mouth actually training!!!
  • Options
    So we have stopped willy waving and moved onto What food have youeaten today have we!

Well I just scoffed a full english fry up and loved it!!!!!!!

I wionder what shadowone eat lats night?
    It might have been that chicken firestarter had southern fried!!!!

Back at the thread - Destroyed my training for a week or 2 at football last night. Both calf and hamstring pulled in the left leg at the same time. What are the odds of that happening?
  • Options
    I think the odds are about 64:1 or so. You have a 50/50 chance of pulling them, you either do or you don't. Then you can pull any combination of hamstring and calf on either leg or just one, etc. I've done these ropey calculations in my head just now, and I suspect that my recall of working such things out has gone completely to pot

Anyway, at the risk of upsetting S11:

Wednesday: 30min bike, 15min run
    Thursday: 2k swim
    Today: nothing as I'm driving up to manchester to train with hussler on sat.
  • Options
    monday / tuesday great bike/run sessions....wednesday large nite out....nothing accomplished and feel like shi*te....gonna have to take some punishment on turbo later today....
  • Options
    risris Posts: 1,002
    my eating is out of control and my training is at an all time low... whatever foot knack i have has taken 4days to calm down enough for me to walk normally. i think it's peroneal tendonitis, but according to google it could also be a broken metatarsal, verruca's or brain cancer.

i did manage a swim session last night with tri club. an hour and a bit of pain and suffering.
  • Options
    I wionder what shadowone eat lats night?
    It might have been that chicken firestarter had southern fried!!!!
    Well it certainly wasn't cock that I was eating!!!!

Lovely nice home made lasagne.. god it was good.