Home Chat General Chat
Options

to bike or to swim .... ???

2»

Comments

• Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Own up Nurse did you go for the Kuota?

I would love to get a Tri specific bike, but for the race i lifted my saddle and pushed it as far fowards as i could, i didn't intend to situp.

It worked and was comfortable for the tribar aero position but not for training.

David
  • Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    am almost the owner of a k-factor (fingers crossed) ... seems the only way to go & besides if I get it in red it'll go with my new trainers

mad
  • Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    [>:][color=#339900]Drip drip drip[/color]

[color=#339900]Thats the sound of me dripping with jealousy[/color]

[color=#000000]David[/color]
  • Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    nice...

drip drip drip - thought that was the sound of drip fed info 2..."we have ways of making you talk"

David, nice seat tip ..

• Options
    don't drip too hard just yet .. i'll beleive i have it if / when I have my sticky little fingers on it not berfore !! dea; is almost too good to be true so I aint counting me chickens as yet.

madnurse
  • Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673

you'll just have to learn to add "I couldn't have done it without the fabulous support of {insert tri shop here}" at the end of each paragraph of speech..

• Options
    jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Nice one Phil...

once deal has gone through (i'll keep fingers crossed) you'll need to let us know the details so we can all try it!! [:)][:D][;)]
  • Options
    the k-factor is looking good (touch wood) .... the spec is as follows

Full Ultegra Groupset

Bar Con

Blackwell Brake Levers

Syntace Lo Pro Bars

Syntace Streamliners

Syntace F139 Stem

Silva Cork

San Marco Azoto mt gel

Vuelta Chrome LITE

Michelin Lithion tyres

[size=1]any comments advice feedback would be welcomed - would you have any / all of the above if not why not - if am to buy a good bike I want it right so shoot from the hip and let me you your thoughts [/size]

[size=1][/size]

[size=1]thanks as always[/size]

[size=1][/size]

[size=1]madnurse

[/size]

• Options
    guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Although nice to have all the extras I would consider the frame to be the most important thing as all the extras can be upgraded over time anyway. But list seems ok anyway depending on how much your paying ?
  • Options
    milnercraigmilnercraig Posts: 36
    Personally I'd look to improve the swim. The reason is simple....sense of achievement. I get the impression that you are frustrated with the swim but happy with the other elements. Why not be happy with all of it...or as happy as you can be at least (never really truly happy us lot are we - always some time to be shaved off somewhere).

I was in a similar position late last year when I decided to take on the Tri challenge. Running was okay, Cycling was okay too but couldn't get beyond about 4 length (20m pool) without stopping for a breather. I focussed on that via half a dozen sessions with a coach and now I feel much better and have a sense of achievement....I'm still only at 8m for 400m but I have another goal now so onward and upward.

Whatever you decide - good luck and enjoy it
  • Options
    thanks craig !!! my swim has come on a long way since this thread was started ... am now looking more towards the bike now knowing I can manage the distance on the swim hence looking to upgrade my mtb to something a little slicker ...

madnurse