Home Chat General Chat
Options

Triathlon romance....?

Comments

• Options
    JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Nice one JB, S.W.O.T! Brilliant!

Ok so with all these dorset wimmin about i'm sure to find me a sofa/floor/bed/garden to pitch a tent for the big Dorset Women Smiley Faces debut?! Or any suggestions for an inexpensive b and b (i'm with bex on the skint sitch) nudge, nudge.....

On the 'date' front....it seems that despite being a tall, blue eyed, handsome, charming triathlete with a great job and nice car I still can't bring myself to fancy my brummie friend. There is very obviously something quite wrong with me. Hey-ho, we have a great laugh and we spent HOURS surfing this weekend so v productive but not tri specific!!

• Options
    AndreAndre Posts: 103
    So I sported a smiley face on my left calf this weekend at the Cambridge Duathlon and I can only conclude one or more of the following:

No one knew its meaning, nor cared as they didn't ask for clarification, and if they did, I was either too fast [unlikely] or too ugly [quite possible] to be worth persuing.

I've got a long training block, including a training camp in France before my next event, so hopefully by the time Blenheim comes around something will have changed!
  • Options
    I shouldnt worry too much about it my friend. It will either catch on or it wont. We do go to these things to RACE after all!!

Its early days yet. Rome an' all that....
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Maybe your could draw the smiley and write single under it. Maybe even your phone number!! It might help to draw the opposite sex or what ever floats your boat!!!!
  • Options
    Blinkybaz wrote:

Maybe your could draw the smiley and write single under it. Maybe even your phone number!! It might help to draw the opposite sex or what ever floats your boat!!!!

yeah or kill someone from exhaustion trying to write down the number :P, even worse cause a bike crash.

• Options
    Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    @ Jesster - I put a post up for you on some thread or the other saying that my mate, who is also doing the tri on 10th with us said that you could have her spare room if you wanted. It would have to be on a large blow up mattress as she has flogged the bed because they are going to turn the spare room into an office later, but at least it would be a private room. And you would have someone to follow over to the tri in the morning to save you getting lost. Her (Maxine) and her partner (Bryan) live in Bovington so not too far from Wimborne. They are a really nice couple and a great laugh and I could come over the evening before and we could talk Tic Tacs.... no, tactics

Chris did say that you could share his bed if you liked.........

Finally, please may I have your lovely brummie man?
  • Options
    BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Hey Jess,

I can offer the same if you want- no spare rooms unfortunately as all rented out these days but if you don't mind sharing my room I have a blow-up decent mattress. Plus it might be helpful having someone to throw cold water on me to get me up ha ha. I'm about a half hour from Wimborne- we could even go do a reccy of the bike/run route on the saturday? I'm scared....! I haven't actually entered yet as still got cash issues but will be resolved next week. I'm sure we must know some people in common from polo stuff too so could be fun.

@ Jelly Belly and Cheryl yes a Dorset single ladies tri team sounds like fun with jess as honorary of course! If it is true about there being loads more blokes than girls then I'm sure there'll be enough to go round for all ha ha.
  • Options
    gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    i am so moving to dorset!
  • Options
    can i come to BexH? ill be good i promise...i wont even urinate
  • Options
    Er....
  • Options
    Unless thats your thing?
  • Options
    what having people urinate around me?! Rather not methinks!
  • Options
    you like urinating on people? Im cool with that
  • Options
    Aaaaahhhh, so it's only people urinating on themselves that you don't like?

Check..
  • Options
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

Aaaaahhhh, so it's only people urinating on themselves that you don't like?

Check..

hahaha eeee gads

• Options
    pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    seem like the thread is going down hill, as anybody had an success. I have just come back from training camp and shared a room with a girl/woman for 10 days and not even a flicker off anything
  • Options
    We're all waaaaay to busy talking about it to actually do anything about it!

You shouldn't have had the energy for any hanky panky if you've been training for 6 hours a day anyway!
  • Options
    I thought it was a good way of de stressing after a long day

But I am thinking I am agreeing with you we tri people enjoy training and competion to much to actually meet anyone

How sad is that !!!
  • Options
    See the joke posted on a new thread on Saturday. Says it all..........
  • Options
    which thread was that
  • Options
    A man was out jogging in the forest one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me I'll turn into a beautiful princess."

He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will tell everyone how smart and brave you are and how you are my hero."

The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I'll stay with you for a year and do ANYTHING you want."

Again the man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and put it back into his pocket.

Finally the frog asked, "What's the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess that I'll stay with you for a year and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The man replied, "Look, I'm a Triathlete. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."

• Options
    how true is that, mad me laugh
  • Options
    I think us Dorset Gals (hons) are biding our time and waiting for the 10th of May to pounce....be there! or....er.....don't! It may or may not be a sight to behold! lol
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Ive been told all the single men are doing the tri in dorch that day.

Looks like its farmers and morris dancer's for you lot.
  • Options
    Ey, I've heard tell that morris dancers are a randy-ale swigging bunch and just behold all that stick-tapping-skippity-doo-dah stuff they get up to, now thats what i call stamina!

And as for the farmers, they'll have finished lambing by now and be refreshed and rested. It is spring, don't you know? its just plantin' and flirtin from here on!

Ah Jelly Legs, ye are a miserable ol' beggar. [sm=kiss.gif] lol
  • Options
    md6md6 Posts: 969
    If you're looking for stamina gained from silly dancing Jess you should look more to a german folk dancer what with the lederhosen (sp?) and arse slapping they get up to, I mean, they're almost wearing tri suits to start with..[:D]
  • Options
    Am unsure as to availability of lederhosen in the Dorset area....however tight fitting shorts are always a winner, nationality/material notwithstanding [;)]
  • Options
    And while we're on the subject, how about those russian dancing folk with the furry hats? thighs of steel, i tell you!
  • Options
    md6md6 Posts: 969
    They would have the thights, but I'm not so sure about furry hats, but whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    where are you all competing on that date sounds fun