Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    hmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    New bike, very nice how was the handling and which model did you buy??

Went for a 3km run last night in the pool at lunch time today starting the program that Trichamp has mentioned to me.

Have a great day all

• Options
    Hi Mad!!

Fri was a brick session - fitting in 2 a week now as race is on the 24th so trying to build up the stamina! Aiming to try for a swim/bike brick this week, including the wetusit (on the swim before you ask [:D][:D])
  • Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    yesterday rest after Sunbdays race.

Today bike to work, still feel sore & tight but looser as the ride went on.

this eve, swim session

david
  • Options
    WellaWella Posts: 188
    Light weights session this morning followed by a 4km run.

Poor nights sleep last night which affected by energy to do this mornings session.

Anyone else out there do weights as part of their regular routine?
  • Options
    Wella,

Just started fitting in weights and also core exercises to build up back and stomach. Read a lot about the stronger the core muscles the better you can perform - plus gives a great flat stomach!!!
  • Options
    guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Hopefully I will be getting my cast off tomorrow as I'm going to hospital for an xray and check up. So could be swimming this time tomorrow. This has been the longest month of my life, if the doctor doesn't take it off it will break me.
  • Options
    Hi Wella - i usually include a 3 day split weights routine around my other training although I ommitted my weights for a few weeks prior to my first race but will be recommencing fully this week again. AB has a useful point about core body strength which will benifit both posture and ability throughout your tri. use of balance boards swiss balls etc will aid with this. Pilates is also an excellent way of improving strength & flexibility as well as relaxation.
  • Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    First swim for a long time today...

1500m in total - 200 with paddles...

Re core:

I try and do crunches /sit ups etc with a some arm curls and press ups in an evening but don't really have time or the motivation for full weights sessions - though I do use paddles in the pool to add force to my swim muscles so hopefull strengthening these...

• Options
    p.m. bike - 30 mins steady pace with hills

evening swim - 3 x 500m crawl
  • Options
    pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    45 mile bike in Derbyshire hills. Ave speed only 13.4mph. Lost motivation after about mile 10!! Absolutely shattered. Have 3 storey house - feels like a mountain to climb to put the kids to bed ....

Tomorrow has to be better ....
  • Options
    Good swim this morning.

3x50m warm up.

2x100m kicking only

2x100m catch up crawl

2x100m fast pace

2x50m cool down

• Options
    Tue - Bike/Run brick planned managed the bike but got hit hard with the first hayfever attack of the year in the run [:o][:o]! Ended up walking home and feeling particularly p*ssed off!

Today - Swim 3 x 100m / 1 x 200m / 2 x 100m and then some bilateral breathing practice which is improving but still not brilliant.
  • Options
    a.m. brick - bike 4 mile / run 7.5 mile / bike 4 mile

p.m. bike - time trials with tri club
  • Options
    20km time trial this morning.

First time out using my new cycle shoes and pedals and set a new PB of 20min 50sec. Feels good!
  • Options
    trichamptrichamp Posts: 22
    20 min 50 for 20k. You must have been hammering it that's almost 60k/hr. I'll see you in the tour de france next year then!!!!
  • Options
    This a.m. 8.5km run -took just over and hour which was a little slow but I feel good about it as it as I got stopped a few times at roads and stuff...so that is a good excuse for being slow ;)

AB - nowt you can do about hay fever... aint your fault don't be p1ssed off..I have only tried 2 bricks and one of them was a tri ;)..

• Options
    Sorry, ride must have resulted in a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Should have read 40min 50sec. Still proud though.
  • Options
    trichamptrichamp Posts: 22
    Yeah that's more like it! Good time though. I've got a 38.5 mins best but that time would put you in the top ten at our club i think. It's still early season, lots of time for us all to get faster!!! It takes a bit of getting used to using shoes and pedals, but you can really notice the difference and i don't want to go back to trainers and straps now. The only downside is another shoe cahange in T2!

• Options
    ya wimps shoe change in T2 ??????? just run off in a pair of mtb shoes no worries ... so you take alittle flesh off ya toes but hey is only soft tissue ..didnt bleed too much and it doesnt half focus the mind on the run.

madnurse

nb despite having done exactly that and ran well I wouldn't really recommend it to people apart from anyone who might be faster than me. I will be looking at my trainers on my next race in T2
  • Options
    Nurse how about putting clipps on your road bike and cycling in your trainers(like me) - best of both worlds?
  • Options
    am too used to clipless spd's now ..... and find that running through T2 in mtb shoes too easy. The plan (which i should have stuck to was mtb shoes off and grids on ..even went to effort to find matching red lock laces) and its not a real effort to switch shoes. Esp having watching some "better" people trying to run in T2 wearing rigid shoes
  • Options
    pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    What about those pyro platforms? Never tried them myself (I need a little rest changing shoes in transition) but I know chis has used them very successfully.

Any comments if you're out there, chis?
  • Options
    they look like they would work but unsure about those dodgy moments when u need to 'unclip' quickly say for traffic - could see a few spills occurring
  • Options
    I don't tighten the clip straps 2 tight they keep my feet in place but in emergency the can be extracted quickly...

That said for next season I will upgrading my pedals to clipless

• Options
    "Matching red lock laces!" I picked up my grids yesterday and also ordered the red lock laces at the same time. Glad I'm not the only one who bothered. Damn comfy shoes though.
  • Options
    cant fault my grids nor the matching laces !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Today I did 10 lengths running with a buoyancy belt on, a few efforts at standing on one leg (in the pool) and some upper body with water resistance things (don't know what there called). All in all a very successful session. Still very disappointed I can't swim.
  • Options
    hi Guv - nice to see you back at - however be patient with yourself - at least you have started training again which is a massive plus - am only too sure you will be out there chasing PB's & puting us to shame before you know it.

phil
  • Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Guv good to see you're nearly back with us. pool running is supposed to be really good excercise so keep at it. Given flat roads and not too much effort you should be able to get back to cycling fairly quickly it will be the running that you have to wait for.

Take it easy cos there's always next season to go really fast!

David