Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    a.m. run - same 4 miles (a slight bit wetter than the other day - drowned rat nothing - it got a point when the 6th lorry had drenched me again I was begginnig to find it psychotically amusing)

p.m. REST
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 76
    hi guys

have started to up my training now - and have been doing two sessions (only friday and today).

Leg feeling a bit more better - my run date of next Monday is still looking good - can't wait!

AM - bike at gym (still too wet to take my bike out) 45 mins with a fast minute every 5 - 20 mins level 9 then rest level 7

Row - 2200 m - 10.5 mins

and a few weights and stomach stuff

PM - Swim

Swim is dare I say it actually getting enjoyable - but I have been working so hard on my stroke and the difference I feel is making me much more confident

started off (this pool is 20 m (my tri class pool is 25 m) 6 lengths fc - 2 breast stroke

did that about 10 times then did 2 x 8 lengths fc - 2 breast stroke and then upped it coz it was easy to 10 lengths fc - 2 breast stroke - did that 3 or 4 times

time went soo quick.
  • Options
    hi Jo - good to see you bubbling with confidence & your legs appears to be coming on - might be benificuial if you can find somwhere to run a few times off road - ie with less shock impact such as a forest track or grass area (dunno how many of them you have in London). MIne seem fixed and am back running (handy with my 1st race in less than 2 weeks) and seems to be trouble free. (fingers crossed)

phil
  • Options
    rollorollo Posts: 25
    OK this is not funny, whoever pinched the sunshine will they please put it back. Just got back from a 6 mile cross country run, nope sorry wade thru the mud, wind and rain ..... I'm very soggy, squelch, squelch, squelch.

• Options
    jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Hi all,

Was out hill walking today... had all weathers - snow, hail, sleet, sun and wind.

Great day out in the North West Highlands - 16 miles walk and 1000m climbing .

day off tomorrow.

jazdog
  • Options
    JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    So last night went on 5K run, started slow, and hit the hill (Hill is about 3/4 mile long). Which is always a killer.

This morning

300m in 6mins 17secs

12 x 25 mtrs @ 24-25 seconds with a 25 mtr breast recovery.

• Options
    a.m. - swim 1 x 100m breast (w/up)

1 x 100m crawl (15 sec rec)

1 x 200m crawl (30 sec rec)

1 x 300m crawl (45 sec rec)

1 x 400m crawl (60 sec rec)

1 x 500m crawl (60 sec rec)

1 x 100m breast (w/down)

p.m. - rest
  • Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Big fat nothing...still fighting of a cold...got up to go was still not feeling 100% and with the weather crap went back to bed...better to get better rather than prolong the cold eh?

How in the name of Alan Shearer (or which ever god you prefer) am I supposed to train for the summer sport of Triathlon when the weather is so crap...

frustratedtoon

• Options
    Bugger all so far. Intend to do hill sprints tonight. But I am disgusted with myself for not doing anything this morning.
  • Options
    guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    A mornings rest never did anyone any harm Jas you'll be quicker on the hill sprints tonight.
  • Options
    Jason, I feel the same... was meant to go swimming this morning but I didn't get back from Edinburgh til late last night and rolled over when the alarm went off..

I'll go out on the bike later...

Where abouts in Scotland are you?

Jazdog
  • Options
    I am now in Suffolk, but all my family and my roots and real home is Edinburgh
  • Options
    a.m. - work

p.m. - bike (fartlek session with tri club - approx 25 miles)
  • Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Last night 5m run wth club

this am swim: 2x100m w/up

1x800m 1st time ever 800m in one go. 16mins

1x100

1x300

8x25m sprints

2x100 w/dn

David
  • Options
    LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    Last week - total wash out - stomach bug and sore throat so no training at all.

Last night 5km bike (11:05)

2.5km run (16:35)

Was just trying to get an idea of my speed (slowness [&:]!)
  • Options
    pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    1500m swim then 4 mile run. Swim slow (34 mins), run good (ave 8:26 - but that's good for me!).

I read this thread but don't usually post cos I think I must live in a different world.... tonight I have to cook for a dinner party for 9, then get up at 5.30 to get kids up for school, make breakfast for guests then go to work - can't see when I'm going to fit training in! Guests to entertain all day Sat then another large buffet party to cater for Sat eve before getting up at 4am to drive down to Northampton for Grendon Tri on Sunday ....

Oh for the time to train (or even rest!!)

• Options
    run - 8 miles ( with a few big hills)

swim - 1 x 100m breast w/up

3 x 500m crawl (increasing pace) 60 sec recovery

1 x 100m crawl w/down

(pat maybe we need to trade off a few training tips as Im about 10 mins slower on swim but 10 faster on run......)

madnurse (phil) [:D]
  • Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Pat...I can't believe you have time to train you really have put me and my lazy ass to shame...

I won't worry about posting on here however infrequently I haven't trained for a week and don't have anywhere near the schedule you have...

Club bike ride tonite to make me feel better...

• Options
    Morning!

Crappy weather all round then,

Brick session last night

10k bike then swim club then another 10k bike home.

Shoulder seems to be holding up better with the swimming and I was trying to do butterfly again last night.

Also been working on left hand entry for F/C as I had been crossing the centre line with it... supposed to not be good!

Probably run today although its runners nipple weather! [:@]
  • Options
    Hi Jaz !! one of the tips I have been given about hands crossing the centre line was to imagine you are placing tins on a shelf either side of your head - it will feel like you are placing your hands too wide but in reality it wont be. works for me anyhow

mad
  • Options
    Yesterday swim 6 x 100 metres then did some work on trying to learn breathing both sides - felt very uncomfortable and managed to swallow water!

Also used my new Aquasphere goggles for the first time - would recommend them. I bought them so I can wear my contact lenses in the swim and they are excellent!
  • Options
    Thats a good tip o madone! I'd been trying the zip up my side and trickle my fingers along the water drill to get the right feel but thats a better visual idea!

Cheers

Kev
  • Options
    Radiostar10Radiostar10 Posts: 15
    Just Did my first brick session today 25 k bike and 3 k run , Knackered but what a great feeling, allowed me to quantify my training interms of effectiveness, bring on the 4th of June !!
  • Options
    friday - planned a run / swim / run for last night as my last hard session before tapering next week

a spot of gut ache all afternoon followed by a night of projectile vomitting put stay to any ideas of training beyond looking a little green around the edges & wishing the floor would open up & swallow me.

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(] sick nurse
  • Options
    Mad, I thought tapering was only applicable for long endurance events and that for shorter events you just keep rolling. Any advice would be good anyone?
  • Options
    dunno - i was only going off what peoeple had suggested on that - my plan was to train as usual up til friday just somewhat off pace then have 2 days off completely before next sunday - but yeh if anyone has any suggestions over what workied / didnt work for them for tapering before a race
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 76
    yesterday - bike 50 mins - 20k interval training - 11 mins rowing 2300m and then a few weights then in evening did swim

Only me and one other guy turned up so spent quite a bit chatting therefore ended up being in pool for nearly 2 hours but did

10 x 250 m (30 sec rest each 250m)

felt good

re. breathing both sides. I started off breathing every 3 strokes therefore breathing to different sides but was then given advice by two elite athletes to breath every second stroke and to the same side therefore getting in more oxygen. I now find it works better for me. I don't know if this is any help.
  • Options
    Breathng both sides - I was taught to breath on every 2nd stroke for the same reason JoJo said, but everything I've read on Tri says bilateral breathing is best for open water in case too much splashing on one side, any tips from anyone?
  • Options
    You don't have to do bilateral breathing if its rough on one side while open water swimming but having the ability to breath unilateraly on both sides. So you can switch to a clear side and keep your breathing rate every two strokes going. Only my interpretation of the subject hope it helps.
  • Options
    as Guv rightly suggests its the ability to adapt your swim to the conditions that will help you succeed. the main goal of the swim is simple to reach T1. There are no rules governing which stroke or breathing pattern you must employ. what works for you ... works for you, you will through experince learn new tricks and methods that will benefit your swim from each race & training sesion constant refining your swim. I am as guilty of anyone of wanting to be able to swim as good as the more elite in my club forgetting they have many seasons under their belt compared to this my first. I am happy i can swim the distance & breath - any time lost can be made up for after T1