Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sunday am - 25l bike in 59 mins! (is that any good)??? Its was a bit hilly1

Followed by a 2 k run to make the BRICK!

Feeling good!
  • Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    40 mins swim - forgot it was half-term! Chaos but managed to bang out a few lengths 'trying' to focus on good technique (while avoiding kids jumping in at every angle!)
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Not really training... but I've just been given financial clearance to go a buy a new pair of runners. My old ones smell so much that they have to live in the garage now.

I expect to be reporting sore knees and blisters later on.
  • Options
    graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    I cycled in and out of work - 14miles and then swam 1K as fast as I could.

Tonight it BIG legs in the gym- which normally means 2 days recovery or 1 and a light spin!
  • Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Yesterday: 30 mins swim, 30 mins cycling machine, 20 mins cross trainer, 10 mins rowing, weights, core, stability, avoiding the legs apart from some very gentle exercises for the knee

Today: 1 hour of physio on the knee (now reduced from the size of a melon to the size (and general appearance) of a cauliflower. Back to the gym to do some more exercises - things relating to hips today (glutes, aductors etc.).

• Options
    A nice swim session - don't know how many lengths but just kept going! Not fast, just a bit of base training.
  • Options
    Im off for a half term swim now....

O god.......
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    55 minutes trail running, legs very tired as a result of yesterday's beasting
  • Options
    Technicially a rest day...

30 mins with the Physio who wasn't impressed by my run yesterday[:o]

3.5 mile walk at lunch which has given me bad blisters... how does that work?????
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    10 mile cycle tonight - just around town - faster than normal but not excessive
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    1 mile swim (half drills, half just swimming to wake up) this morning at 6.

Turbo in front of tv this afternoon when the daughter is asleep.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m8.gif[/image]
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    8km first run in the new running shoes this a.m... no blisters, very comfy so I'm happy with that. Slight twinge of a possible shin splint on the left is making me worried, but I thought i felt something on Sunday so I'm happy it is not the shoes. No running for a few days, I think.

Swim at lunchtime, very leisurely 16 x 200m off 4 minutes... nearly fell asleep. Felt like a good idea to give myself plenty of room to focus on technique, and my splits were consistent right to the last set. Nice.
  • Options
    Hi all not been on for a while, Bopo it must be the season myself also this morning 10k in new trainers just before my 12 hr shift.

Yesterday 1hr 45 min hilly run.
  • Options
    Got my new newtons today [:D][:D]

A quick 5km run in them with some strides from 10 mins in - amazed at how much faster they make me, I am a mid/fore foot runner and they dropped my average min/km by 25 secs from my 10km run on Sunday [:-]

Pool session too today -

200m swim/200m kick/200m pull/200m swim

1000m RPE4

4x50 cool down (each one easier)

Now tired and the calfs ache just a touch but have that warm post beasting feeling

I.
  • Options
    12 miles on the bike with new aero bars on..followed by a very lame 5 min jog/run.

Just trying to get Soreen out of the teeth now!
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Pool session last night - 20 mins warm up then a pyramid from 10 lengths down to 2 and back up (in even numbers).
  • Options
    I got back into the boat tonight. I did my usual Tuesday session of 2 X 15 minute intervals. I went quite well my timing and technique were spot on.

All of this is in preparation for a race on the 28th

• Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    7 k tonight at a fair pace. First run with an HRM so spent to much time watching my heart rate. Looks like a distraction will help me speed up.

Swimming tomorrow morning 25 mins of drills if the lanes arent to busy!
  • Options
    Another rest day!! the long cycle and run at the weekend have really take it out of my legs..

just a 3.5 mile walk at lunch + stretches for the ankle. still giving me problems [:(]
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I did a 6 mile run tonight :D my first ever - been doing 4 or 5 for the last few weeks so quite pleased - really could have done more too but ran out of time - 49 minutes so keeping up the 7.3 MPH average and still felt good and still within my aerobic zone :D ... just ;)

• Options
    Yesterday: 5k run, upped the pace a little and fairly pleased with time. Then a nice relaxed swim session, nothing serious, just a bit of form work. Bike tomorrow (today).....
  • Options
    Bit short of time today with work getting in the way so , just had my first session of Core Training, Ouch!! [:@] It's harder than it looks.

Have got a off road marathon [:-] along the Dorset Coast path on Sunday so couple of days rest coming up before a easy swim and ride on Friday.
  • Options
    JulesJules Posts: 987
    Why does life always get in the way of training?[:D]

I managed to break my laptop, which (for reasons too dull to explain) I can't go swimming at lunchtime today or tomorrow.

I did manage an hour's slow run on Monday.
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    30 mins in the pool this morning. going to head out for a steady 10k now.
  • Options
    80 minutes on the turbo as fast as I could go! No computer on the bike tonight so I don't know the actual average
  • Options
    60 mins light intensity spin on the turbo after 10 days of staying off my feet because of a sore hamstring. Injury felt fine and im looking forward to getting back to some proper training
  • Options
    Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    How do you guys manage to do training at lunchtime? Especially swimming...how do you fit it in to an hour?
  • Options
    Steady 4 mile run tonight in the new 2xus..nice.

• Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Rest day today! Knee injury is not improving at the rate I would like. I still can't crouch or kneel. So have probably overdone things. Wanted to go for a swim this a.m. but had to take the missus to the station. And then there is work. So just some stretche and simple exercises for the knee. Getting very frustrated. And putting on weight. Grrr.
  • Options
    Day off today, but went swimming with my girls and lovely wife! Managed a few lengths while she wasn't paying attention![:D]