Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Yesterday: Just the physio - for the Knee injury. Decided that was the last visit as it is improving. Still a bit swollen, but he worked it hard, so it was too sore to do anything in the evening.

Today: Nothing. Too much work to do. Up at 6am. Home for 10:30pm. Just some gentle exercises for the knee.
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Nothing fo rme today .. rest day and am tired now

• Options
    JulesJules Posts: 987
    30 mins swimming drills yesterday lunchtime. Couldn't remember the drills though, may have done some a bit wrong.
  • Options
    Did 14 length swim monday for 31 mins, 5 mile bike ride tuesaday morning and a 10 length, 27 min swim today. I am hoping the swim times will start to tumble as i get swim fit and improve my technique.

A small run tomorrow morning and a swim in the eveining.
  • Options
    Cycled to work this monring - again a new fastest time - will stop competing against myself and do some proper training now I know my bike is good.. (18 miles)

@Conehead - "The Norseman" - a large Scandinavian neighbour? not sure that counts as training...[:D]
  • Options
    Yesterday - PHA training

1 min Step ups

1 min Press ups

1 min Lunges

1 min Seated row

1 min Jump squat's

1 min Shoulder press

3 min rest

Today - Interval training

5 min Warm up

40 mins Running (3 mins @ 85% / 1 min @ 65%)

20 mins Cycle

Core: 50 Crunches

Oblique plank

40 Crunches

Oblique plank

30 Crunches
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Last night..................30 mins core and 20 mins weights.

I tried that suoerman on the swiss ball amdf my god its hard. It really works the core though.
  • Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    17.5 miles on the bike - tried but failed to stay seated on all hills. Followed by a 1k run around the block.

Some light core work later
  • Options
    Extra long physio session (which hurt more than any training ive done recently) where i was told i have to undergo treatment, stretching and muscle building before completely changing the way i run if i want to carry on running!

Damn my defective genetics, my mum wont be getting a mothers day card this year! Still i can still swim so might have to turn my sights to the channel. So another hour swim this afternoon
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Wednesday so that means the big turbo session.

80 minutes as fast as possible. Once again I did not use the computer so I don't know what distance/average speed I actually did.However going by feel I was fast probably 42-44kMh pace.

Felt quite strong, I reccommend blasting it for the first 3 minutes and then you settle to a fast pace

• Options
    Meant lso to post best wishes Clarkey30. I'm sorry to learn that your injury is quite bad. Like other posts have stated keep positive - you can still swim, and if you work at it you'll possibly develop a gait that will get you around the run in much the same way as I developed a swim style that gets me over the course
  • Options
    6 mile run in 47 mins - quite pleased with that :D
  • Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    @GGB: Well done!

@blinkybaz: I've discovered that a softer ball is much harder for a superman than a firmer one; so, try one that is blown up hard to start with.

Yesterday. Gym. 10 min warm up on the bike. Then Intervals on the rowing machine. 4 x 300m, wtih 1 minute rest. 3 Sets of these, with a 2 - 3 min rest between each set. Tried a little run on the treadmill - but knee still too sore for that. Weights, focusing on leg strength. Knee improving, Will probably risk a little run at the weekend. I can't wait.

• Options
    Tri club track session last night. Shorter runs as the season approaching. More coaching on my running technique - aching calves this morning!
  • Options
    Last night (wednesday) 1.15hrs of 5-a-sodr for which I now have a swollown ankle.

I did manage at 35 min swim session working on technique.

Finished the night off with 20 mins core!
  • Options
    2k row followed by 30 mins core work, then 45 mins in the pool doing drills - mainly kick and pull 50s.
  • Options
    First day on rehab exercises so three sets of then of squats, lunges and single leg squats all without weight followed by lots of stretching.... and a mile swim, pulling.
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    not been on here for a while, so until now this week:

2k swim

9k run

2 times bike commute=64k total.

Nothing special, but hey, they call it recovery week for a reason!![8D]
  • Options
    90 minutes steady state scullng on very heavy water, tough headwinds as well, but it made me stronger
  • Options
    Treefog

Cheers mate, really appreciated!
  • Options
    this week appears to be all about cycling..

45mins spinning before work - New music so it was really hard again [:D]

3.5 mile walk at lunch - I know not real training

cycle home - took the "long cut" so 18miles
  • Options
    Tonight was 5 mile bike - 2 mile run - 1st half mile run was painful but made it through .
  • Options
    5-a-side last night.
  • Options
    Half an hour's swimming drills at lunchtime and I feel better for it!
  • Options
    Am unable to get out on the bike this weekend so got a 24 miler in today. Felt good and remained seated on all hills this time.

• Options
    Really good day today:-

cycled to work (10.4m) then straight off the bike a run (2.8m) - my first brick of the season....

3.5m walk at lunch

Evening:-

Bodypump followed directly by spinning = 2 hours in the gym....

tired now...
  • Options
    90mins Cycling at a steady pace

20mins Resistance/Weight training
  • Options
    25 K bike ride today and knocked 6 mins off PB.

Celebrate later. Catch me on the wall of shame then!!!! Red wine here we come.
  • Options
    I won on time....!

But when the veteran times were adjusted for age I actually came 3rd!!

So.. the moral victory was mine but I did not get the medal.

It was quite funny because these guys are all ex-internationals and the morals of winning medals and being the fastest were severely questioned when it came to the medal presentataions!

Regardles of all that My training today has to be counted as 50 minutes of paddling and then 14. odd racing

Great fun!

• Options
    This morning interval session on the bike with my Tri club approx 24miles, then brick run 14 mins out and just under 14mins back to the start..