Home Chat General Chat
Options

Newbies! What training have you done this week?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Last night was only a cycle in the end! i did add 3 extra miles on!

Swim in the pool I will be racing in for my first tri tonight.
  • Options
    joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Buggar all....[:D]
  • Options
    tummymustgotummymustgo Posts: 43
    sunday , 28 miles on the bike, nice route apart from the head on wind all the way, 1.45mins

monday nothing

Tuesday

25 days to go and I 've done it for the first time ,

9.51 min on the swim, but I lost count on the way , so should this be lower as I think I may of done 2 lengths more than required

T1 walk from pool, shorts on straight into spinning class 20.k 45 Minutes

T2 kick shoes off and onto running machine 34 mins for 5k

yipeee

but still very slow i think compared to everyone else in the world but massively important to me

Arundel Tri here we go

good luck everyone , really glad about last night because my head has been down about this training for a week

[color=#000080]http://tummymustgo.wordpress.com[/color]
  • Options
    Friday - 7.5 mile cycle, massage on legs, 7.5 mile cycle home.

Sat - rest

Sun - 10K race (41.38). Legs were dead whole way round but please with my time - a PB.

Mon - 45 miles on the bike. Couldn't walk after.

Tues - half my usual interval session on the track - legs still hurting from last two days.

Weds - swim session this morning. Might do easy 30mins on bike this eve.

Thurs - swim in am, something pm (depending if my legs have recovered).

Is it too soon to taper for Eton in 10 days?
  • Options
    JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Monday - Rest

Tuesday - 1hr 20 mins on Turbo Trainer with 5x3min with 3 minute active recovery at VO2 Max

Wednesday - 40 min run with 20x30 VO2 Max / Swim - 2350mtrs swim session

Thursday - 1hr 45 mins on Turbo Trainer at moderate pace

Friday - 55 mins run + 6 x 20 sec Sprints / Swim 2200mtrs swim session

Saturday - Brick Session 1hr 15 min bike / 30 minm run

Sunday - 45 min run

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - 1hr 15 mins on Turbo Trainer with 5x5min with 3 minute active recovery at threshold/VO2 max

Wednesday - 40 min run with 10x1min at VO2 Max / Swim 2425mtrs swim session

• Options
    Last night I ran the Tri route I will be racing in just over a weeks time and swam in the pool for the first time there. Actually put a PB in of 7.53 for 400m. It is a smaller pool than I am ise to.
  • Options
    On sunday I went to the Triathlon I am doing this sunday's training day. It was great. i went road the bike course with the club's altheletes and we ran the cousre. The info was really useful. I now feel much happier.

Last night I swam a hard set of 66 metre drills (33 metre pool). Felling great and well up for the race at the weekend.

ERun tonight and thats it till saturday when a gentle 2k jog will keep the muscles suple.
  • Options
    This week:

Sun - 17 mile cycle easy

Monday - swim

Tues - run interval session

Weds - swim

Thursday - open water swim

Today - rest

Sat - FIRST RACE eek!

A lot of swimming, hopefully my legs will be fresh for Sat!
  • Options
    tummymustgotummymustgo Posts: 43
    good luck happytofinish tomorrow, how are you feeling, I have my first tri 31st may and I am going from excited to worrying about it all the time

let us know how you get on
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 442
    I know how you are feeling happytofinish, Im wondering if Ive overcooked it a bit in this week leading up to the first tri this year:

Sat: 1.5hr easy bike, 2km hard swim

Sun: 45km bike around richmond park

Mon: 2km easy swim and Mon-Fri 20km bike commute

Tues: 25km extra bike ride with 8km trail race in the middle

Wed: Gym session, doing core, stretching and leg strengthening

Thurs: 2km hard swim (finally got to try the wetsuit)

Fri: Finally a rest day

Sat: Race!
  • Options
    I over did it last week and couldn't even finish a session on the Tues because my legs hurt so much - so kind of made think I should ease off this week - harder than you think though. Hence all the swimming as I find I can still work hard (ish) but not feel it as much as cycling or running.
  • Options
    aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    with couple of weeks to 1st tri, thought i would have a go at the whole deal....got soaked just biking to the pool, did my 500m, soaked on bike for 20km and drowned on run for the 5km..came back covered in mud & all gear needs serious clean...at least i know i can finish...now for a beer [:D]....
  • Options
    Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Monday - Rest day following tri on Sunday (thought I might ache a bit but didn't at all = must tri harder!)

Tuesday - One mile swim front crawl non stop (107 lengths of our dinky pool)

Wednesday - Sprint intervals on treadmill followed by sumo squats with 20k weights and raised leg lunges

Thursday - 15 mile bike. Pee'd off so finished sooner than intended (was planning 25 miles)

Friday - 1 hour 20 mins run through the forest

Tomorrow - swim one mile, drills with efforts

Sunday - 35 mile bike