today um 1hr core body including 100 sit ups 100 crunches etc

then 10.4 mile bike 30mins

now off to the gym 90mins inc 2 sets of 20 mins brick bike run bike run

clare
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    91k bike in 3hrs 8mins then a 30min slow run

later - eat lots then nap[:D]
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Tri Cub swim session tonight about 2200m in total - didn't feel like going but went anyway, enjoyed but was hard work.

• steve785steve785 Posts: 52
    did 12mile sprint bike then 12km run off road im knackered and going to bed night night.....ZzzzZzzzz
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    nothing today... let's call that a rest day...

managed a 32mile bike yesterday from chippenham to bristol. picked up some friends to chaingang down the sustrans path which was good fun.

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Local tri clubs' TT last night, circuit course 11 miles, quite hilly.

Fastest rider 28.55 Happy with this as I haven't been out in a week due to work commitments
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    monday, 40 min swim drills and catch up.

tuesday, short bike ride, about 15 mins, then 40 min hilly run. I made it twice up the bastard hill which I hate and had only ever managed to run all the way up once before. so quite pleased with that.

today commute to (and from this evening) work, then will do half hour strength and core work in the gym and then a 45/60min swim
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Monday - 5k run before work, new PB 22.01mins

25k turbo after work.

Tuesday - 40min swim before work

25k turbo after work

Weds - 10k run after work, hoping for sub 46min PB
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Monday was a 15k run

Tuesday a 200m swim - not far but only learning!

Tonight is my first attempt at interval runnning. Hoping to do 5 x 1mile at about 7m 15 secs / mile. Not too sure on the time as I've never done this before.

Did a 10k run tonight - not all out pace but quicker than normal - 47m 21 - Felt good too :D

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    45 mins swim drills this morning, then 10K run this evening. Up again for swim at 6 tomorrow. Eeek - better go to bed
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Off for a swim now - 45 mins worth of good quality work - don't care how fast I go at the moment - then lunch with the wife and kids, then off for a bike - nice 10 mile circuit around the little hills near Epsom Downs and Boxhill, then I am thinking about a little 5km run this afternoon too. But I bet I don't get round to that but the intention is there.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Sunday tri

monday rest

tues 8km run(no HRM)

wed 1 hour bike/10 minut run after/weight( all in gym)

thursday 8km run (3 mins quicker with HRM)/ eVENING 1 hour Swim fit.

Fri ?

Sat 7am- 9am,2 Hour bike dependant on weather

Sun Rest

2k Open water swimming tonight, (Probably more due to my zigzagging) Light rain at times which was good - water temp was good too :D

Never got round to the bike or run :(
    nothing today for me either :(

managed 2x12mi rides on monday and an hour pool session, 1x12mi ride tuesday, and 2x12mi rides on wed with a 4mi brick run after the last one.

suspect my commute rides will be shelved tomorrow if the weather forecast continues to be set on torrential.

i'll have to make up for it over the weekend.

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Only had a swim this WEEK!! As suffering from a terrible cold and too girly to get out there and give it some. Quite enjoying the enforced rest, actually. Back on it on the weekend!
  • Had a bike ride on Wednesday which was rained out after 20 minutes. I sheltered under a tree while it calmed down (I have a cold - I don't mind being hardcore, but I'm not stupid either). Then I started again and was able to sustain a speed of about 20 mph on the flats which I've never done before. Only ever managed about 17/18. This is a massive improvement for me and it felt like there was plenty of power in my legs - obviously all the training is paying off. Then ran 4 m Thursday morning and 9m Thursday after work in 68 mins - good pace for me at just approx 7.33 min miles. Starting to feel really good about being able to post a good time in September's Vitruvian.
    yesterday was a nice Bike commute (apart from the bike nemesis) and then a 45 min swim. mostly technique but also threw in a 400m 'timed set' which came in at about 9 mins, much quicker than before and now i have some form of technique it was a lot easier and i felt i could go further had i wanted. I will have to get my watch on poolside next time and do a proper timed effort to see how long it really takes.

Today is a rest day - although i may head to thegym for some core/strength work.

Tomorrow is a swim coaching session, bike to the pool & back (10miles) and i might extend my trip back to 20miles (25 in total) might not though...
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Tonight is my first attempt at interval runnning. Hoping to do 5 x 1mile at about 7m 15 secs / mile. Not too sure on the time as I've never done this before.
    [quote]ORIGINAL: Swizzlenap

Only managed 3 x 1 mile at 7.30 but that's ok for a first go. Really enjoyed the change from just steady running so will do one of these a week now. Tried lengthening stride to make up time and it seemed to help!

Did a 200m swim before work and focused a bit more on pushing head and chest into the water which made a noticed difference. Unfortunately I also tweaked something in my neck so am a bit reluctant to go running tonight :-(
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Nothing today but back to back swim and treadmill on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    A 31 mile commute in 1hr 35. Reasonably hilly route but with a small tailwind. Is that time respectable?
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Did a 10k run race yesterday evening, beat my pb with 52 seconds.

Does that mean I was lazy before???[8D]
    400m swim this am - then to a tea shop - chocolate brownie, a hot chocolate, then back to the mother in law's for cake, stir fry and a beer, then home, kids to bed and a beer!!

It's not gone well today :)

yesterday i had about a 600m swim session - drills (only 30mins), about 30mile bike ride.

today: 12mile hilly run, plan to get to the pool later today for about 30mins, just drills and technique.

williever... Chocolate cake and a beer sound fantastic - i may skip the pool and go for some of that - surely it counts as carbo loading or something?
    1500m swim, followed by 24mi rainy, undulating ride, then 4mi brick run.

reasonable times for each but the weather was utterly hideous! the first 45mins of the bike felt torrential, i was grateful when it abated and the sun showed its face.

• pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    Went out on MTB with new double 'trailer' with kids in.

Did an hour around some local trails with some very steep hills...i cycled up the hills then switched with Mrs and ran down them along flats to next hill and switched back to bike and so on....pretty cheeky session and fun for all of the family, highly recommend it!

Oh, and swam for an hour this AM...thought i was tired!!!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    mr. coneheads training day :)
  • squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    5km race for life :p raised 1500 for cancer reaserch!!
    How did the RFL go square? and well done on raising so much money.