Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Options
    jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Final race of the season was on sunday.... another PB in the pool and a strong race all round - 4th in age group 12th overall.

Day off on monday... planning training for Autumn 10k and half marathon

Tues - planned next seasons races and goals. - PM masters swim - OMFG it was hard... need to keep going and get below 13 mins for my 750!
  • Options
    3.75 mile run - felt like a carthorse (probably looked like it too ....)

Good luck for Sunday, David.
  • Options
    Yesterday bike to work then swim session: 1500m session including timed 600m 10:28pb pleased as i'm racing Sunday and it's a 600m swim start.

David

• Options
    yesterday - recovery day ( I hate rest days)

today - bike (20km windy & undulating .. nice)

madnurse !
  • Options
    nada...recovering from cough...much better today but not going to risk training til friday...

Thought my head was going to explode I was coughing so much yesterday

• Options
    run - 5 km
  • Options
    Tempo run on Wed... body just couldn't cope... took an extra day off yesterday.

Long slow run - 10.5 miles in about 1.5 hours all at 75% max HR

Longest I've been in years ... feel great this afternoon - expecting to be a bit stiff tomorrow!
  • Options
    Thu - 57 mile bike - strong head winds, torrential downpours, thunder and lightning, road closures, map got too soggy to read and we got lost ..... Just a normal training ride, really ....

Fri - rest
  • Options
    Sunday - West Wight Tri 600/35/7km Good event, decent weather, hills! pb at swim 10:21 coming together. solid bike 1:05 poor run 34 mins but 30th/168 finishers not too shabby. Then off to the pub for much needed pint.

Mon - Circuits

David
  • Options
    Well done David - looks good to me.

Sun - 55 mins on turbo trainer

Mon - rest

Tue - 70.73 mile bike ave 16.2 mph. Longest ride I've ever done. Windy and hilly. Now knackered (am I allowed to say that????).
  • Options
    yesterday...

Bike -

2miles 2 work 5miles home

today weights in the gym

Now knackered (am I allowed to say that????).

yeah I reckon

• Options
    Thu - 50 minutes of brick sessions (10 mins bike, 6 mins run X 3). Now even more knackered ......
  • Options
    nice going pat...

friday...

more weights... [:@] still need to add some muscle in the winter when its 2 crap to go out...

• Options
    Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Saturday, AM

17 miles on the tredmill, 5 miles static bike.

PM 1 hour steady swim with the pull bouy (my legs refused to kick for more than 20 seconds[&:])
  • Options
    Fri - turbo big gear session 55 mins

Sat - 5 minute swim (not in the mood!!)

Sun - 8 mile run incl some intervals - not bad considering the size of the hangover after Sat night!!
  • Options
    WellaWella Posts: 188
    Saturday - Rugby (many comments about my fitness so good to see the tri training has paid off for other sports)

Sunday - 4km run

Monday - Weights at the gym

Tuesday - 8km run
  • Options
    club swim last night

about 2kms worth...

1km drills (sick I know)

1km swimming

it hurt

• Options
    brick session - 25 mile bike 1hr 20mins

4 mile run 35 mins. (legs really painful)
  • Options
    Wednesday - Upper body weights at the gym

Only to counterbalance all the running I'm doing.
  • Options
    17 mile bike ride, with a hangover [:'(]
  • Options
    Wed - 50 min easy turbo session

Thu - 3 mile run (maybe)

getting ready for ...

Fri - 110 mile bike ride (shame the weather looks wet and windy!)
  • Options
    Saturday - Rugby

Sunday - 10km run (PB as well)

Monday - Upper body weights at the Gym

wella
  • Options
    Just been doing lots of running ... not been on the bike for 3 weeks and not done a whole lot of swimming either...

Had 10k race yesterday... first one so well chuffed with 41:17!

Looking forward to Fort William half in 5 weeks!

• Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    yesterday - sandstone trail race (17 mile)

today - rest

• Options
    pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Fri - 112.3 mile bike ride, Derby to Hunstanton. Ave 15.32mph, 7hrs 55 mins, wet and windy. BUT that's the Ironman distance, in less than the cutoff time ...... wheee!!

Sat, Sun ..... as much rest as 4 children, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 1 hamster, 1 goldfish, 8 African land snails and 1 husband will allow!
  • Options
    pat - you an example to us all
  • Options
    8km run before work.

Autumn has definately arrived!

Wella
  • Options
    Pacrfish WEll done, not as bad as you expected eh?

Not been training much - light week, end of tri season.

Sunday 10m X/C race 68:30 really windy and still a 2 minute pb so really pleased.

I have completed 7 tris this year and have only suffered after the long one (almost Oly). Sundays 10m run left me much more sore and stiff on Monday than any Tri of 1 - 1.5 hours. Triathlon must be good for you as it hurts less but your aerobic levels of fitness are higher than other single sport training forms.

DAvid

• Options
    pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Update on the big bike ride - 112.3 miles in 7 hours and 22 mins, not 7 hours and 55 mins (couldn't read the bike computer properly!!) Whoopee (ok, so I'm a bit pleased...)

Nutrition on the bike was 4 litres of liquid (half water, half sports drink), 4 gels, 1 mars bar (for DOtriharder!), loads of flapjacks and fig rolls.

Question 1 - if 4 litres of liquid goes in, and none comes out till much later in the day (after some recovery beers ...) - what happens to it?

And question 2 - does having the liquid inside one's body mean there's less weight on the bike than when it is in bottles on the bike - or is that just psychological?? (Or is all this tri stuff just sending me mad?????)

And speaking of mad - what am I an example of, madnurse????

• Options
    parcfish wrote:

and speaking of mad - what am i an example of madnurse ?

pacrfish wrote:

Fri - 112.3 mile bike ride, Derby to Hunstanton. Ave 15.32mph, 7hrs 55 mins, wet and windy. BUT that's the Ironman distance, in less than the cutoff time ...... wheee!!

Sat, Sun ..... as much rest as 4 children, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 1 hamster, 1 goldfish, 8 African land snails and 1 husband will allow!

oh not much .. just juggling all the above and still training to the level you do...