Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Finished half IM Antwerp. I have not seen the times yet, but the clock read 4.56 odd as I crossed the line. My HRM broke when I hit a huge rut in the road on the cycle so I have very little data. Basically swim approx 37 min, bike approx 2.25 run approx 1.50 - no idea about T1 and T2. It was a satisfactory performance, but I feel that my run was 10 - 15 min too slow! I'll continue t work on this. Now I'll try and get the results website for the official version!
  • Options
    7.5 hilly run in an hour on Sunday (fast for me!) and now have man flu less than 7 days before my first tri in Worthing[:@]
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    some gym work. 40k on bike tomorrow including a climb up the Col De Vence.
  • Options
    Saw the Antwerp times 4.56.07; I really need to work on the run I was 9 minutes too slow and I feel that I have a little more to give! I'll pore over the data and then tweak my programme. Anyway I've just done a recovery swim 1km (40 L) s-l-o-w-l-y
  • Options
    gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    1K open water swim at Datchet 7am
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    10k recovery run yesterdayevening.

1mile swim today.

Great job Treefrog, heard there were lots of slippery tracks on the bike leg in Antwerp!?
  • Options
    You're quite right Benny, rail tracks, tight corners, severe cross-winds, pave and a slippery surface conspired against all the athletes, lots of crashes on th bike circuit, thankfully I managed to stay upright
  • Options
    endurance swim this morning in 25m pool - done 70 lengths - felt great! :)
  • Options
    55 minutes trail running with some friends, very muddy, very wet, very hilly and very good fun
  • Options
    WisemanWiseman Posts: 10
    30k road bike ride. 8k run. brickword. shattered
  • Options
    40k on the road bike, and conquered the col de vence.
  • Options
    en51nmen51nm Posts: 41
    Football today (for a change)... I'm always amazed that although I'm reasonably fit, the extra adrenaline that comes with playing football always wears me out, more so that a large bike ride or long distance run!

I'm returing from Germany to the UK, so a couple of days off training... might try and squeeze a gym session in tomorrow though!

• Options
    10K cross country. Training for Race the Train in Wales next weekend.
  • Options
    JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    750 metres loop at Liquid Leisure this morning. Found it less weedy by sticking to the right of the yellow buoys and coming back closer to the speed ramp. (Couldn't get enough speed up to go over the ramp though......)
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the weeds at Datchet Jonhinio - I'm fine with every other aspect of OW swimming these days but those long weeds really freak me out.

For me, a 7 mile easy run in to work with my wife today (following 2 X 7 mile steady runs and some swimming yesterday). Currently on Operation Weight Loss after a week of fine dining due to holidaying without the kids. I find 7 mile steady/easy runs are great for this.
  • Options
    40 minutes running, legs are very heavy and stiff today; probably a hangover from Sunday. I aim to get a decent swim in towmorrow and then get back into it on Saturday
  • Options
    Legs so sore that I decided to go for a theraputic swim and I ended up doing another 1km (40L) slowly. I finished up with some aqua stretching which has helped
  • Options
    60k bike ride, followed up imm by a T2 and 3k run.

Closed my eyes and felt like a race,so : [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][8D]
  • Options
    SimonBSimonB Posts: 12
    85 mile cycle immediately followed by 1hr 30 run! Ah the life (wot life!) of a budding Ironman...

That was yesterday afternoon, feel bloody great this morning!!
  • Options
    40k bike including a trip up the Col De Vence again. New PB by 2 mins.
  • Options
    60 k bike ride in group, all club members. We went to check out the bike and run course for the race our club organises next friday. Then went to the swim part to discuss shortest swimming lines, currents and sighting points.

Good for confidence, knowing where to go.

All at easy tempo, with to times 2k race tempo.
  • Options
    6200 metres rowing in 25 mins on the Concept rower then a nice steady 5k run.
  • Options
    stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    160 k bike ride on the Devil Ride mid wales.

3000 metres of sheer hell hill climbs.

Time 6.36.
  • Options
    yesterday - 135 hilly sportive ride, I rode at the front most of the day and felt quite strong, very pleased with my performance. Hope London went well for everybody
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Today I have mainly been massaging my calves and cursing. On the treadmill later to sort them out, as somebody seems to have replaced them with lumps of wood overnight! :-P
  • Options
    120 minute brick session, started it at 5 all one and dusted by 7.

Martyn
  • Options
    ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    45 minutes in the 75m pool. Just got my first session off swimplan.com. I had to adjust it a bit as they don't seem to cater for 75m pools but found the session hard but not impossible. Hopefully this will get me over the plateau I've reached in swimming.
  • Options
    25km on bike plus a 6km run.
  • Options
    1k easy swim, starting a 5 day tapering off period.

Got my A-Race coming up on friday, THE one I work for all year long.

Lots of people I know compete there, lots of people I know come to watch the race, including lots of family members and my 4 year old son (who still asks me when I will buy a faster bike so I can win the race [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image] [:D]).

Hard time taking it easy,but thats how it's supposed to be.

• Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    No training to report, unless you count hobbling around the front garden this evening with the lawnmower...

Just wanted to say "Good Luck benny in your BIG RACE!!!"

Hey, there's wisdom in what children say.... when are you going to get a better bike, so your poor little boy won't have to tell the other kids that his dad lost again.... LOL[:D]

Have a great race, mate!