Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    RocksteadyRocksteady Posts: 47
    After 2 months of doing very little due to knee and back injuries I started training again yesterday [:D] It was great to be getting a sweat on again. Cycled to and from the gym (10km total), followed by a 10 minute run and 6 * 400m intervals on the rower and finally some weights and core work. I've been instructed by the physio to ease myself back in slowly and all I want to do is go out and run because my knee doesn't hurt when I do anymore! Must be patient.....
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    37 k in 60 mins on the stationary bike and then a 4k run to get the legs back!
  • Options
    ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Hi,

Yesterday I did 90mins run and a couple of hours later did 1000m open water swim, legs sore today after the long run(by my standards) got half IM in Sep, so trying to put miles on the legs albeit slow.

Pat

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    10 kM of gut wrenching trail running all at elevated heart rate all horrible but all great now that its done!
  • Options
    100k cycle around bristol, bath & somerset incorporating the bath olympic route.... some lovely climbs!!!
  • Options
    3500m on the rower and 20k in 30 mins on the bike.
  • Options
    2000m club lake swim.
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    hour bike ride followed by fast 5k run.
  • Options
    Great few days training - Friday just a spot of light swimming, could not get motivated to do the interval session that I had half heatedly planned.

Saturday 19th July : 60 kM of local course very STRONG winds 3 laps of 31kM @ 57.00 min - huge speed differences 16 Kmh to 62Kmh!!

Today out on the club run - lots of jibes re. Dolomites but I was flying - approx 80 miles all in the big ring great stuff.

Then I decided to concentrate on my weak point - the swim - and did 1 hour open water swimming in a local pleasure lake. I went OK but got tangled in weed. See new thread!!!!!

• Options
    just finished a 2 hour bike ride.

Will do a long run in the evening.

Don't you just love holidays?!![8D][:D]
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    16 mile ride yesterday.
  • Options
    TheCuckooTheCuckoo Posts: 6
    3 miles on the bike yesterday, 1.5 mile walk this morning. :)
  • Options
    ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    50 miles on bike on saturday, very hilly route of Half IM Kenmare
  • Options
    3500m rowing followed by 25km on stationary bike (35 mins) and then a 2 mile treadmill run (16 mins).
  • Options
    Seems like no one posts on this anymore...

yesterday 5000m row, 20 minute run followed by 25km on bike.

Going to do something similar now....
  • Options
    Monday 21st 10km run at recovery pace, Tuesday 22nd 10km run at slow pace and then 1 hour sea swimming, Wednesday 23rd 10km run, rest 62km cycle/ 10km run brick session. Thursday 24th light gardening, Today 25th 10km run at slow pace....tonight beer!
  • Options
    100 lengths of 25M pool. I have taken a little coaching and it was so much better/easier!
  • Options
    en51nmen51nm Posts: 41
    Hi,

I'm a new member! I'm doing my first triathlon at the end of August (South Coast Tri in case anyone else is participating)!

I don't know anyone else who does triathlons so finding this forum has been great help and I've decided to (try to) post my training on here to keep my motivation up!

One possible problem with my training is that I don't have a bike at the moment! I do all my km's on a gym bike as my bike is in the UK and I've been in Germany for the past year and never got round to bringing my bike out. Will this pose big issues when doing the event? I should still get a solid three weeks back in the UK with my bike before hand

Anyway, back on topic! Today I did a fairly light one hour run, covering 12.5 kms.

Ciao!

Nick

• Options
    did lots of training, but had no time to read/post on the forum. Holidays you know,...

Done a 12k interval run.

Doing a Oly tri on saturday.
  • Options
    en51nmen51nm Posts: 41
    Today was a 30min 19km bike (gym bike), followed by a 10min cool down on the cross trainer.
  • Options
    Sunday 27th 80 miles on the bike with the bunch, then a 32 min run immediately afterwards. Starting to taper for half IM Antwerp. Monday 30 min fartlek swim, Tuesday 30 min fartlek run. Today 30 min fartlek cycle on turbo....... and that's probably it until the race! I'm starting to get nervous, very nervous....now where's that big knife!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bryanbryan Posts: 45
    feeling god today, first tri in just under a month. 3 days consecutive 1km swim and 20km tt on bike.

• Options
    niknakniknak Posts: 8
    10 mile TT on my new Cannondale Slice!!! Should be interesting as I did the same TT last week on my road bike.

Hoping to edge a little closer to evens!!!
  • Options
    6100M on rower in 25mins followed by 25km on gym bike and a 10 minute hill run.

Tomorrow is 30k on bike around the hills of the south of france followed by 5k of hill sprints.
  • Options
    Today I did some interval packing!
  • Options
    Did a 10k easy spin on the bike, general transition repetition, topped up with a 2k snale run.

Nothing I would normally write: I'm almost exploding!!!!!!

But I really need to wait until tomorrow afternoon at 14 o'clock: oly tri race comming up[8D].

The preparation is a walk in the park; it's the days of waiting before the gun goes off that are hell[:@][:@]
  • Options
    5000M on the rower followed by 30 minute hill run. In the aft I nipped out for a 20k ride.
  • Options
    Some degree of pride and feelings of fullfilment coming up:

did a oly tri today, so not actually a training, but a race.

But since every race is in itself a training for the next race, I still thought I could post it in this thread.

It was my first non-wetsuit swim in open water, due to water temp.

That actually costed me almost 3 minutes. So hail to wetsuits[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

By the end of the race I was 3 minutes faster overall then last year same race.

So really happy with this one.

Hope all goes well for everyone!!!

• Options
    TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Well done benny!
  • Options
    niknakniknak Posts: 8
    15 x 100m swim sets plus 1hr run