Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'm off for a 3 hour group ride right now. Weather looks awesome!

What a great beginning of the day.
  • Options
    dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    70 mile hilly ride at 17mph av yesterday.

7 mile good paced run (52) today.

This current weather is pretty nice for training.

• Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    40km ride followed by 30 min brick run. Think my run pace may have increased as managed consistent 6.30 miles. Maybe as a result of previous plateau/repair and recovery week. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Chris J wrote:

My first ride with aerobars fitted to my road bike. 40 km in 1hr 10 min. Not blistering pace but on occasion felt really good. Wished I'd fitted them earlier now.[8|]

1hr 10.... I'd be pretty please with that

• Options
    75k hilly ride (lots of brutal climbs around Bristol & Bath)

followed by somw core work on TRX

• Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    9k solid fell run.... legs feel stiff now!
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Beautiful day!!!!!! Cant belive the weather [8D][8D] So took advantage and went for a tough 8 mile run, very hilly and obviously very hot!! Then, whilst daughter having her weekly swimming lesson, I took to the pool and did some arm catch up drills.
  • Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    I wasn't trying the 'look at me' school of posting. Just thought I could do better and have consistently raced against those who do![:)]
  • Options
    bryanbryan Posts: 45
    nice 20km ride in the sun today. very nice and felt good for it.

breaking in some new asics as well so just a real easy 10 min jog.
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    60 KM on the bike I went alright but it was very windy ... average 34.1 kmh.hope to run tomorrow
  • Options
    legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    OK so many of you will laugh at this one but I don't care

49.11min/10 km "undulating" run this morning into work - that's 8mins off my previous PB!! I'm a dreafully slow runner so for me this was just FAB and I'm still smiling 5 hours later!

• Options
    JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Laugh. That is not bad. I did a 5 mile race, and did it in 44 mins. So I am even slower a runner.

Heres an example of how crap I am at running.

Blenheim Triathlon 3750 competitors

407th out the water

1009th on the bike

3500th on the run.

I wish I could run.

Anyway today I did a taper session of a fast 5 miles on bike. Only to make sure it is ready for Norwich this weekend.

• Options
    It's so good to hear that there are others, like me, who can't run - well done mate perhaps I'll see you on the tri-circuit sometime - I'll be at the back with you!

Off for another session - circuit training tonight! 60 mins of agony
  • Options
    35km on stationary bike in 65 mins. Going for a swim tonight, prob about 2km.

Tomorrow going to push myself and run 21km... only ran 18km up to now.
  • Options
    20km running it went quite well, but could not be measured as due to stupidity I forgot my watch/HRM.

I may not get a chance to log on and annoy you for the next two weeks-ish, as I'm off on holiday ... to the Dolomites with my new bike. I hope everybody stays safe, trains hard and races well

• Options
    Oh yes..... I mean: oh no, no post from treefrog for two weeks? What to do, what to do???[:o][&o]

You say new bike; is that the one you've bought last week, or the one the week before???

Is it red??(I'm sure it's carbon/expensive/very aero/expensive/chique/expensive/stunning/expensive/ loaded with high technology and reallyvery expensive[:D]).

Really, treefrog, in some mysticaly, strange and sick way: we'll miss you.

Have a good, safe and full of biking pleasure trip.

P.S.: did a 10k easy run yesterday, a 2k open water swim and 5k run interval today.

Keep on training!!!
  • Options
    56k bike today, over a fairly undulating course. Did it straight after getting up off a night shift, so bonked quite badly after around 48k. Those last 8k sucked the fat one. [:'(]

Ah well, 'Guilt Free' beer tonight!

Flipflopman
  • Options
    jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    [8D]What a great day,for once not raining or blowing a hooley,I don't normally post on this thread due to large gaps between training sessions but hopefully today was the start of something new,

35 mile hilly bike (yes Lincolnshire does have some),4.5 mile run and a quick mile and drill session in the pool to cool off.Now I have to do the house work and gardening.[X(]
  • Options
    1k time trial in the pool set my PB to 16.50 now. Really pleased with that; early mornings (4 am) and lots of work make me think I can go even faster after proper taper!

[sm=kiss.gif]
  • Options
    Hey Benny is the early start so that you can watch Le Tour in the afternoon.

4.5 mile run and 1000m pool session for drill work.
  • Options
    This thread appears to have gone quiet,either everyone is racing or they have all gone on a cycling holiday with Treefrog.
  • Options
    jon.E wrote:

Hey Benny is the early start so that you can watch Le Tour in the afternoon.

I do watch the Tour(partly) and follow itat workon the radio.But thats not the reason why we start early. I'm a roof worker, working with open flame to burn roofing on flat roofs. You can imagen how hot it can get, def during summer on sunny days. We try to stay ahead of the hottest hours of the day. Combined with working up to 150k from home sometimes,that makes one hell of an early morning(night that is[:D]).

Are you guys watching the tour in UK??? Or is it more a European mainland thingie??

Did a 10 k interval run. First day with good weather in a week, so jumped the cart immediately[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • Options
    The Tour is getting a bit more popular these days,but like F1 some only watch for the crashes,unless you have a sattellite system there is very little minority sport on Tv here.

35 mile bike ,4.5 mile run and easy swim,

Benny at least you get to work outside in the fresh air.
  • Options
    Not been up to too much recently. Been in NY and only had chance to hit the gym 3 times, but now im in the south of france for a decent length of time so I will have all the hills and mountains I like.... getting my running and cycling legs on!

Been here 3 hours and already been for an hour run... got stitch mind so it was a painfully slow run!
  • Options
    TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I joined a running club, I got beasted!
  • Options
    reesjrreesjr Posts: 4
    I will e going for a 10mile cycle today as I'm only a beginner and a 27km beach side cycle tomorow with my school
  • Options
    Sprint (bike/ run) brick 20k bike - 36:35, 2:00min transition , 5k run - 19:46.... far too long in transition!!!!

Just wanted to see where i was at with london coming up.

• Options
    10k run to work this morning 48:29 - that's another PB for me!

off Circuit training now - teaching not doing thankfully as I'm trashed
  • Options
    I've returned from 7 hard days in the Dolomites, I bagged 13 passes - some both ways the highlights were Lavaze, Pampeago, Valles and Manghen. It was great and the new bike is excellent; who ever said that kit does not matter?

Today when I got home I felt bloated and guilty about not running for a while, so I did a 20kM run. I hope you are all keeping well and that training is good.

• Options
    good to have you back alive and kicking treefrog! somenice altitude training there, should make you fly past everyone now [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image].

Did a 2K open water swim yesterday, followed by a 65K group ride (easy).

First two days of my 4 week vacation now, so let the serious work begin.[8D]