Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I took to the water this evening 1.9kM as an interval session 4L warm up then 10L on/8L off x 4. I hated every bit of it, but at least its' done! I might get round to the new programme tonight.
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Treefrog... what is on and off?

1.8km in pool tonight. 200 200 400 1000.

Good swim and felt good in the pool too.
  • Options
    ON = fast as possible

OFF = recovery rate

It's an interval session programme, all non-stop it takes me about 43 minutes - I'm a very inefficient swimmer, and I hate swimming.

• Options
    Well practice makes perfect!
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Have been away for a few days (mother in law's birthday, she treated the whole family with a all-in 3 days vacation[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m8.gif[/image] [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]).

Was quite hilly region (well, at least for Belgium that is). Did 2x 2.5hour bike rides and one open water swim of about 30 minutes.

ANd of course lots of rest and eating along the way![8D]

And now with those long sunny days, everything is at it's best.

Hope all goes well for everyone[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m4.gif[/image]
  • Options
    LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Two weeks travelling (Dubai) and taking it easy with meetings, just 25km completed all on a treadmill in the hotel, back at it on Monday, so far, 19km run, all outdoors (so much nicer) and a gentle 500m pool swim.

Racing at Dorney tomorrow, not expecting a PB or even a half decent time, but the forecast is better than last time so it should be nice if nothing else.
  • Options
    Went out for a run but didnt last long.... felt something twisiting in my foot and some pain began so I stopped, dont want any injuries before the summer starts!

think ill get back in the pool tonight.... try for an all out 1500m
  • Options
    ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Long run this afternoon. 10 miles in 94 minutes. Happy enough with that for today as I'm still a bit knackered after a run of night shifts.
  • Options
    10k run at long run tempo, nice and easy, seemed like a strawl in the park, so not sure if I can post this in the training thread[:)]. Maybe should start a 'looks like training' -thread. lol
  • Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Just managed a 55km ride in 1hr 40. Not earth shattering timewise but quite hilly and really chuffed with my level effort after my plateau/piriton issue last week. However, just dove headlong into a pack of Ginger biscuits (3 so far).

Keep up the good work people
  • Options
    Today I mostly did a 40 min (9kM....some reckon) trail run. It was quite good, I was with 3 friends and it for some odd reason was very fast! I really enjoyed it. Sfuller working on the new programme as we type!
  • Options
    look forward to it!
  • Options
    yesterday A.m: 10k run 41:32

Yesterday P.m: 40k cycle 1:15:47

Today a.m : 2k technique and drills @ pool

Today p.m : watching Bon Jovi @ my beloved Ashton Gate (home to the worlds greatest football team!!)[:D]
  • Options
    Today I have lots to do but will make time for a 35k on stationery bike.
  • Options
    OK Bristol, I get the run, bike and swim part. But you've completely lost me at the 'Bon Jovi'- training part? [;)]

did a mile swim with some drills, outside pool was great in this 28°C weather [8D]
  • Options
    i think the bon jovi part is for endurance... endurance of painful music.
  • Options
    Feel a bit small fry posting my efforts up here after seeing some of the times and distances, but hey ho, every journey starts with a single step and all that!

Sunday, did a 65km bike ride, holding an average 20.3mph

Monday, did what was supposed to be a recovery run of 4 miles, but turned into a tempo session of 5, and 45mins strength work.

Tues, did a 1500m open water swim, including 4 x sprints of around 50m also 45 mins strength work

Today, did a fairly steady 12k run, at around 7:45min miles, and a nice and easy 16k ride with my girlfriend at a nice slow pace. Might treat myself to a cheeky Stella now!! [:D]

Flipflopman
  • Options
    The new programme is being given the once over by a friend cum coach, but meanwhile I've decided to get on with it.

Today I did long intervals on the turbo 5 mins off (ave 33kmh), 10 mins on (ave 46.4 kmh) nonstop X6. 90mins in total. I was tired today but then we all are! It went quite well.

The logic behind it is that I have plateaued at 43.5kmh for the 60 KM steady, this seems to translate to 36 -37 kMh for a 90kM course. In order to up the average I think that extended periods at the higher speed might bring me onto the next step. However the jury is out as shorter sharper intervals might be better? Any thoughts?

• Options
    threekneesthreeknees Posts: 19
    Tuesday 63 miles with new tri bars around Box Hill and Dorking....lovely stuff

Today 10K run(52 mins...I hate running!) before 08:30...couldn't sleep...now lets see how my knee recovers tomorrow.....
  • Options
    10 mile (16kM) time trial tonight. Windy coditions and by all accounts the league's least liked course - although I thought it was alright.

I did 23.32 which is 25.5 mph approx .. I think. I don't know where this put me in the overall standings, but there were some guys there who were much faster

• Options
    First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    1 Mile sea swim in windy conditions followed by 18 mile hard run very pleased run was only planned to be 8 mile.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    Today I did 20kM run (102 mins) all before 7.30 am, I must be mad!
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Just the commute to work, 55km round trip so not too bad. Was up at 0415 for the first leg of the journey though! So I'm knackered!! Blinkin shift work!!!!
  • Options
    do it MG, it's early,but it's a great extra training.

Did a 1 hour bike/ Half hour run brick today.
  • Options
    Most have surmised I'm a teacher. Got my holidays today..... Does a drinking session count? ....post a half marathon ! and I'm up at 8.00 coaching rowing!!
  • Options
    ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Had a very quiet week. Shifts have not been conducive to training. Went to the pool last night after work and spent thirty minutes learning to turn left. Hopefully I'll be able to get round Sundays course now.
  • Options
    1hr 20mins of hardcore 5-a-side... i can feel the blisters coming!
  • Options
    In keeping with the current thread on changing brick sessions around, I tried a Run/Bike session today.

Paced 5k run @ 6:50 min/miles into an 18k hilly bike session.

Jeezus, it was horrible. Really messed the bike session around and made the hills MUCH harder than usual. Might throw a few more of those in![:D]

Flipflopman
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Just a 10km run on my lunch break at work, unfortunatly my run route takes me past Parliment and the South Bank, (london) tourist central!!!! Manage to clatter my way through them though!![:D]
  • Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    My first ride with aerobars fitted to my road bike. 40 km in 1hr 10 min. Not blistering pace but on occasion felt really good. Wished I'd fitted them earlier now.[8|]