Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• 65km bike on Sunday - then a tower of profiteroles for lunch - had a roast too.

38km bike today.

Now having a beer. It's easy this Tri lark :)

• pippip Posts: 170
    21K bike and 5k run brick session on saturday and today .Did a pb of 1hr 3 mins on saturday so was well pleased with that spent 2 hours in the pool yesterday with my coach trying to improve technique,by gum it`s a slow process,some lengths were crap and some were brill it`s a confidence thing i think
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Yesterday a local TT at which I emptied myself, I was in absolute agony afterwards, but I won!

Today 10kM of steady running - nothing spectacular
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Great result Treefrog. Looking to do my first TT in the next couple of weeks.

Today 30 mins swim, doing drills, followed by 30 mins tempo run.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    4 mile run this evening - felt tired though - haven't run since last Wednesday due to other commitments - long bike on Saturday and Swim training day Sunday - fixing car Monday - knackered yesterday.

Thank you jac. Tomorrow I race against the big boys - dedicated testers on a very fast course. I'm about a minute off my potential speed but about 2 minutes off the top testers. I'm quite interested in how I go tomorrow. I'll give an honest report
  • gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    1 hour pool sesh yesterday - covered about 2k all-in, mix of 300m pieces and speed drills.

That's it for this week, but I skiied pretty hard all of last week and am slowly getting back into this training lark again...
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    45 min on bike followed by 15min run

followed by 25 mins stretching..

had a pain in the back of both knees on the bike.. anyone any ideas?
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Five mile run with Milo and his bezzie mate Maverick the foxhound.

Didn't manage to catch any foxes but aced a few big hills. Plateaued a bit last week but after an easy weekend it seems I'm back on form.... [:)]

• SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    13k run last night, a little slower than normal 10k pace at 65 mins. Legs feel heavy today, trying to get the motivation for swim and bike tonight.
  • John DJohn D Posts: 11
    A good couple of days!

wednesday 10 mile TT- all out effort and 23' 24" (first time under 24 min). Run to work this morning 13 1/2 miles at L2 pace and felt nice and relaxed.

tomorrow off ready for the Winchester Tri on sunday (a nice sharpener for the London Marathon on the following sunday.
    Went to the official 10 mile TT tonight, its' part of a league with big prizes.These TTs attract all the local testers from continental based pros to elderly vets. Tonight about 80 competitors took part. Windy conditions and a fast course (but the wind quelled the speed). I was one of the last off and have not seen any results. I went ok my computer stopped at 24.39 but I can't reley on that time and I don't know how it compares to others - at a guess ; middle of the bell shaped curve!
    Results posted. 24.20 29th overall won in 21.52. Happy that I'm making progress as I'm catching some markers from last year
    1 hour swimming tonight - tried out my new Sport count - very pleased it works great and means I can spend more time on my technique and not worry about the legnth splits or legnth counting :D

Good hilly 24k on the bike last night, followed by five min brick run.

20 mins swim before work today. Hoping to get run in before the weekend then it's two days of rest.
    Legs very tired today, I think Tuesday night took much more out of me than I realised. Today I shelved the 20kM run and did about 50kM light cycling on the fixed wheel bike ... wearing my plus-fours!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Did a 20 mile ride yesterday and folowed it up with a 65 miler today. The furthest ive gone so far, found it tough in the weather and even harder after i dropped the only energy bar i had, the last ten miles were painful!

But thats the first one under the belt, did a very hilly tough course at an average speed of 16 Mph so somewhere to improve upon! If the potholes didnt break my bike
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Clarkey that's a lot better than i'm doing on the bike, sounds like you're doing well, i have to take two days off (riding) following a ride due to tight hamstrings!

For me:

Gadget show, the harvester for dinner and a pint of stella, bridgtown cycles for shiny new tri-shoes and then a 5k run.
  • iangriffiangriff Posts: 48
    Had a great 30 minute session in the pool.

Tried out some drills based on what i read in the TI manual and was really pleased how it all went. Left the pool with a buzz.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    First Tri. done.
    Saturday - 8 mile Beach/trail walk

Saturday - first wetsuit swim - 30 mins ish in the sea off Portsmouth

Sunday - 2nd wetsuit swim - 30 mins ish in the sea off portsmouth

Sunday - 400 m TT (In Pool) - 7.35mins (5 secs over my PB, not bad considering I was knackered)

Two whole days off tri - and ready and raring to go today.

90 mins bike planned for later.
    Sunday : 100kM cycling with the bunch, lots of hills legs very tired! Not good after a light week
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Quick 5k on Sat then out for a friends birthday in Arundel. Drinking till 2am but borrowed some gear on Sun morning and went for a 45 min run through the park up what turned out to be a longgggg gradual incline but a beautiful view at the top. Well worth it.

Had my Swimming Made Easy book delivered from TI on Friday so just started reading that.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Quick 1 hour surf

Slow 1 hour run

Bike hills this avo.

Life is sweet. [:D]

Brick session tonight - 6 mile Bike, 1.5 mile run - 31 mins inc Transition - bike was a bit slow but undulating ish so not too bad for me.

• gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    Sunday - mini-tri - 750m swim, 20k bike, 5k run.

Today - sweet FA. Sucks to travel for work.

Plans for tomorrow - nothing - sucks to travel for work.

Plans for Wednesday - run if I can swing it. Otherwise nothing (bloody job where they expect me to work so I get paid)

Thursday - I get home early from work trip so 90 min run. Might be my only true workout this week until then...
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Duathlon yesterday, swim tonight.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Walked up and down some stairs yesterday.

Might have another go at a swim tonight.