Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Another turbo session, this time 2 pyramids

10min warm up

3min at 40kMh, 2min at 43kMh, 1min at Max, 2min at 43kMh, 3min at 40kMh

3min mobile recovery then do it all over again!

Then 10 minutes warm down

Total 45 minutes average speed 36.9 kMh

Difficult to hit the target speeds on the way down both times!

• Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    50 mins Swim session tonight - tried to extend my sets - usually do maximum of 100's but did a few 200's tonight and still kep't "reasonable" form.
  • Options
    garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Yesterday:

5k run (indoor, which i now really dislike compared to running in the great outdoors)

Swimming - lots of one arm drills

Turbo - 1 hour base

Today's plan:

5k run

Swimming - intervals

Turbo - 1 hour base
  • Options
    JessterJesster Posts: 482
    It seems I may be a bit 'special'. Have been using a treadmill recently for the first time (outdoorsy runner, dog not allowed in gym-important training partner) and after a lot of very poor maths have just come to realise that the distance on it is measured in miles, ergo, I thought I was being pretty bloody useless but in fact am really moderately swift!

Really enjoying the swim technique thread, and the length counting one. It seems i can only count in blocks of four. Add that to the aforementioned poor maths and i'm a bit stuffed really.

Apparently during exercise, most of the blood in our bodies moves to our muscles and away from the brain. This is why it's hard to do sums and think much of anything at all. Fact.

Its my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

lol today; 40 min bike, 30 min run (brick), 40 min swim. cup of tea. nice lie down.
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    45 Mins in gymthis morning split between running machine and static bike.

1 hour circuit training in evening
  • Options
    Nothing today ... Rest day

Tomorrow nothing - travelling and suprise birthday bash

Sunday nothing - travelling home

:(

Roll on Monday ;)

• Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    Yesterday: 5k run and 30 mins swim, doing 50s and 100s.

Today: Rest day;

Tomorrow: 40k bike.
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Lactate testing this morning. The bloody *%+=;, made me run 13k in total, since my lactate values didn't want to rise enough to do the all out test. after 8 times 1200 metres I could do the all out test, Idid 400 metres in 1.18 with 192HR at end. Totally chuffed after that. Results will be in next week! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

After the max test they did two blood tests 1 min apart and the second test showed my lactate levels were already descending. The doc said thats typical for triathletes: they recover faster(Hooray!!!)

Then 2 hours info session on training, HR, lactate,...

After that, group long run of 21k at 5min/k, which totally beat me up now.

Almost dead[X(], but completely satisfied now[8D]!
  • Options
    jasonculljasoncull Posts: 36
    5k run this morning in 30 mins and the a 5 mile Bike Ride in 16 mins. Knackered.
  • Options
    30k hilly bike ride in glorious morning sun.

1k swim this afternoon.
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Yesterday - Tough 200km ride (grim weather!!)

Today - (am) Nice swim set (10x100m hard then 5x200m race pace)

(pm) spinervals (no slackers) will do this when daughter (finaly) gets to bed [8|]

• Options
    Friday 20kM run in 98min 24sec quite pleased with this one as did not want to do it - it was dark, cold, late, I was tired, I had trained well all week etc etc but then again there's a big bag of excuses available to everybody you can use them anytime and they are for free!

Anyway I reluctantly ran the first half to exactly the 10kM mark (not the half marathon mark) this took 50 mins, I then got the bit between the teeth for the return leg and cut 1min 40sec off my out time!

Saturday recovery day

Sunday; I had a mountainous century ride planned for 6.00am but everything conspired against me - not excuses but events dear boy! and I had to postpone it until another day.

• Options
    clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    13 mile ride with a friend, averaged about 25mph which is encorouaging at this stage in wind on crapo roads considering i let him dfraft for the majority.
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Ever been disappointed with a PB?

As many of you know, I'm not entirely happy about being on land - I'm half fish, you see - and I'm a crap runner. Still, I've been training hard at it but a nasty cold has held me up for a bit. Yesterday I gave it a go in the Eastleigh 10k and wheezed home in 45:38, which yes, is a PB but should have been a 42 or 43.

Got to the halfway mark and simply couldn't get the air in. I'm also aware that I was running above my training pace, so I reckon I need more tempo work. Will post separately about this.

Cough is back with a vengeance today. Silly boy.
  • Options
    MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Commute to work - 14 miles

Commute home later - depending on whether it is light when i leave work, i may add a long cut to take it up to about 20 miles home.

Forced myself to rest yesterday following wisdom tooth calamity.

My cycling has taken a real hit recently due to consecutive weekends away. I know i should take my bike, but sometimes you just can't. Know what i mean? And yes Treefrog, it is an excuse. A poor one at that. But there you go.
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Bits and pieces this week since I've been on annual leave and able to train at unusual times. 47 miles on the bike yesterday, swim session this evening.
  • Options
    pippip Posts: 170
    Did 70k on the bike yesterday in 2hrs 31mins and just done a 5k run in 21mins 42secs which is a pb for me so pretty happy with that[:D]
  • Options
    30 mins swim, doing 50s and 100s.

Run tonight, including first intervals of the year. 3k warm-up then 400m, with three mins recovery, x3, followed by 3k warm down. Felt good.
  • Options
    None :( and haven't since Thursday due to weekend away .. and now have a tight/sore/pulled muscle in the back of the head/neck. Had it before and its like having a migrane all the time, painful to move the head .... hope its gone by tomorrow.

• Options
    Great bike session today. 12 mile main ride, then 2x 2.5mile TT efforts, and 4 mile easy to warm down.
  • Options
    clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    12 mile each way cycle to work, starting to feel quick and definately getting stronger
  • Options
    at last some training - 6 mile run in under 48 mins :D

• Options
    Terrible few days - Sunday and Monday I felt awful; shivers and fatigue so I did not train I got back at it today with a slow 10kM run
  • Options
    MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Good swim this morning. Starting doing pyramid 100s and drills are really starting to feel like they are paying off. Keep the faith!

Hill reps tonight...
  • Options
    WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    cycle commute to work - 7 miles

run to the pool - mile each way.

2*10 lengths plus 4 with leg float to work on technique - realised it's awful!

run the commute home.

Sleep! [;)]
  • Options
    gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    Monday - 45 min swim at noon, then a 45 min interval training run in the evening.

Horrible cough and cold came on strong tuesday so nothing then or today although I may go to the gym later and have a paddle around and sit in the sauna for a bit although no hard training

Tomorrow's plan is run for an hour which if I do it (depending on how bad the cough and sore throat is) will be veeeerrrrry sloooooowww.

Friday I'm hoping for a cycle as I will be away for the next week skiing. I'll bring my running kit but not sure how many runs I'll get in to be honest.
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Warm up and 400m TT in the pool this morning (well, as much of a TT as you can do in a public laned session...)
  • Options
    Good 1.5km swim. Broken down into 3x250m, 5x100m and 5x50m
  • Options
    80 minutes on the turbo average 40.2kMh. Good enough!
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Apart from the 10k last SUnday and a 6km run yesterday where I failed at number 2 out of 10 hill repeats..... nothing since a week last Friday.

Still got this rattly chest.. [:@]

Weather is far too nice today, though, so I might cycle the long route to the club (about 50km if I really get lost) and do a few lengths in the outdoor pool.