Options

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    guv - that sucks man really sucks
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 209
    Guv mate, gutted for ya. I'm sure everybody wishes you a speedy recovery. I know how I'd be feeling if I'd done the same thing. How did you do it?
  • Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    Guv - likewise am sorry you're in the state you are & looking at a spell of time out from training. Good oportunity for the body to recover & as you say you will be able to rehabilitate yourself with the bike & swim. Am sure you will make good use of your time in the gym and out of it over the next few months and be back out all the better for it.

like a bad smell ... you'll be back !!!!!!

madnurse
  • Options
    guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Thanks for the kind messages I did it whilst running cross country last night.
  • Options
    Guv - and they say running on grass is better for you than roads...

Today ..

17.5km TT 41mins - 1km run (didn't time this)

felt hard but needed one last hard work out before stratford on Sunday.. the course is much harder than stratford so although I felt a worried about my speed / effort level (it was a slower average speed than the easy ride me and fatmatt did around the stratford course) I feel better about it now ...
  • Options
    jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Ah Guv what a nightmare...! At least the training you've done might help you recover quicker... hope it gets better soon!

Training last night - hard hills on the bike - felt a bit better than sundays effort so not quite as worried about saturday... too late now anyway

Swim class tonight - rest day tomorrow - race saturday... ahhhgggg!![&:]

jazdog
  • Options
    a.m.

swim - 1 x 100m w/up

5 x 100m crawl at pace (60 sec recovery)

5 x 100m breast stroke at pace (60 sec recovery)

1 x 100m crawl/breast w/down

main set with ramping effort with each length

run - 30 mins off road (easy pace to ease me back in....hopefully)

p.m. (rest)

madnurse (phil) [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Am Pool Session

200m breast warm up

4 x 50m crawl (The one where one arm is stationary in front, and only moves when the other comes around to it) 30second rest between each

300m crawl 80% pace

100m breast warm down.

Going for a 14mile cycle tonight to try out my new ordometer.

• Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Last night 3.5m run, fairly fast.

This am: swim, 100m warm up

4x50m F/C

2x 100m

1x 200

4x 100 on 1:40 w 20 sec rest.

4x50

This eve, looking forward to my first cycle 10m TT for 27 years! aiming for low 27 minute time. Weather looks good.

David
  • Options
    To follow up, last night 10m TT ideal weather no wind fairly flat course; or it seems like it in a car!

25:39 really pleased with that and i didn't come last[;)]

Next week i have to beat that.

DAvid
  • Options
    Great effort David ... wish I could get under 30 mins[:(]

Last night swim class fairly easy session - coach had the video camera out - wasn't pretty... upper body not too bad although left hand crossing the centre line - but my legs were all over the place and not doing very much - looked like I was trying to do the splits!! [&:]

Something to work on and remember for Saturday I suppose..
  • Options
    Jaz - I would love to get a video swim session, it is so much easier to see what you are doing wrong and to see that you are correcting the problem. Being told doesn't always get through[;)]

David
  • Options
    Hi David

Ain't that the truth... I've been being told for weeks that my legs were all over the place and to work on my kicking.... have been doing just that but without any real focus... now I know how my legs are all over the place I can try keeping them straight and together...

Guess thats one of the benefit of having a club type thing to go to!

Jaz
  • Options
    David,

could you get a partner to film you when you go swimming I know the idea dosen't have the ring of a pro doing it for you but you may still get some benifit if not you'll at least get stared at by other users of the pool.
  • Options
    bike - steady 50km (good use of hills & carriageways for fartlek)

swim - easy 30 mins alternating strokes

madnurse (phil) [:D]
  • Options
    hello hello ....

this afternoon a double brick with a swim session with tri club in the middle;

bike - 7 mile

swim - 1 x 300m alternating lengths of drill & swim

1 x 400m (olympic pace) 30 sec recovery

6 x 25m (sprint pace) 20 sec recovery

1 x 400m (olympic pace) 30 recovery

5 x 25m (sprint pace) 20 sec recovery

1 x 300m (olympic pace) 30 sec recovery

4 x 25m (sprint pace) 20 sec recovery

1 x 200m (olympic pace) 30 sec recovery

3 x 25m (sprint pace) 20 sec recovery

1 x 100m (olympic pace) 30 sec recovery

2 x 25m (sprint pace) 20 sec recovery

bike - 7 mile

el mad one !!! [:D]
  • Options
    Sunday

a.m. bike 60 km (tri club)

p.m. run 5 mile off road

madnurse (phil) [:)]
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 76
    hey guys

I'm back

glad to see you've all been training really hard - Guv - what a complete nightmare - I hope you'll recover soon - I'm sure you will.

well ... where can I start - Greece training camp was fab - pretty exhausting - well the training and yes the partying too - but have come away with a much clearer idea of what I need to do (sooo much) and basically how I'll feel.

Still not back to running properly - it's definitely shin splints Mad - and have had loads of physio and massages - but it's still quite sore - but did loads of cycling and swimming and even did a mock (race conditions) sprint tri.

Got taught all about transitions etc and did loads of swimming in open water with wet suit etc etc. I really think that however much swimming you do in a pool - nothing quite prepares you for the open water bit.

Anyway the camp tri athletes were great - so now am really looking forward to London (just need these shin splints to go).

But after doing the swim and the bike still had loads of energy for the run so not stressing too much.

Horrible to be back though
  • Options
    Looks like your trip away was well worth it and you seem to have learnt loads who did you go away with and how much did it cost etc-- let us know (it might need a new thread) cheers.
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 76
    hi Guv

started a new threat so you can see it all there - went away with neilson holidays and camp was sponsored by addidas eyeware (or active wear) I think. Got a fab pair of addidas sunglasses worth £150 and a good goody back. Bit nervous to say exactly how much I paid in case I was robbed or just plain lucky but I guess its safe to say that it was around the £700 mark (though they did quote me nearer £950 at the start). They provided all the equipment though bikes wetsuits etc etc though a lot of people took their own.

Jojo
  • Options
    No training over the weekend cos of racing... Edinburgh Tri was fab... fantastically well organised with chip timing and all that palaver... great bike course.... not as steep hills as I was expecting so all my hill work before hand really paid off.. I was passing loads of folk on the second lap... will post times when I get them but it was about 1hr 20ish!

roll on Inverurie in June!!

Jazdog
  • Options
    4x catchup warm up

12 x 25mtre pool sprints recovery is 25m back to start doing breast

1x300 chill out crawl.

Tonight 3.5mile run with buddy who likes to go out and try to beat me all the time. So should be quickish.

• Options
    No training at weekend either cos of stratford

times to be confirmed as my bike time includes both transistions didn't press the lap button on my watch properly

though it took 1:32:45...plus I will get time taken off as I got caught at the road works..the only problem with a decent event...I will add this to the events thread

• Options
    But loony you failed to add wether you enjoyed it or not.
  • Options
    Loved every minute...except the bit where my fingers were blue when I got off the bike a tadd worrying but figured a) it'll be okay I only have a 5km run before I can seek medical advice b) i am sure its normal (apparently my bike is set up wrong so I putting 2 much weight on my wrists/hands when I am on the drops)

Just looking at the provisional results and my run was the weakest event...lost about 50 places GGRRRR

• Options
    You know your a lunatic when you justify in your own mind an affliction that normal people would be running off to hospital with. Glad you enjoyed even with blue hands.
  • Options
    Cheers guv...

Training today - 25mins of HRM on the treadmill...just to ease the legs out from the weekend

• Options
    Good hard 5K run last night

AM - 100m warm up breast

300m crawl at decent pace. Knocked 27 seconds of last time so quite pleased.

6 x 50mtr fast crawl with 30 seconds rest in between.

Nothing tonight as I am off to see Kula Shakar in concert tonight.

• Options
    Kula Shaker? Are they still on the go? Blimey!

Swim this morning - taking an easy week so just 1500m made up of 50m drill then 100 full stroke - trying to get my legs sorted after seeing the video... [:@]

jaz
  • Options
    Swiming this morning

4*50 warm up

2*300

1*200 paddles

1*100 fins

2*50 cooldown

realised this morning why I find swim training much harder than racing - it because in the race I just had to do it...where is in training I need to get all my sets done by a certain time and that causes me to watch the clock and swim too fast