• Options
    DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Run tonight 5m or so.

David
  • Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Morning fellow addicts

This A.M.

Went to the gym and did 30mins on the treadmill...too cold and wet outside for my liking..

Guv

How did it go?

• Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    too wet & cold ????????????? where has your ironman spirit gone ?????????

[;)]
  • Options
    yeah yeah I know...but better that than a cold or summat for Stratford on Sunday
  • Options
    Nurse and jojo

how are the shins etc?

• Options
    Hi Loon ... am getting there. having ultrasound from physio at present helping somewhat . cant run for now but swimming and bike coming really well. hope to be back out running by end of the week. ( I hate not running its my thinking time so am all fecked without it GRRRRR). Jo is in Greece on her swanky pants tri camp training week so you wont get her for a while.

Am really fired up looking forward to my races (esp London) - I even have managed to get hold of a pair of red lock laces to match my trainers - still not sure about the body wax thing as yet although my physio is supportive of the idea (sadistic b*tch).

mad
  • Options
    todays little offering that might one day help me drag my sorry butt around a triathlon;

a.m. bike - 71km

p.m. swim - 1 x 100m breast w/up

1 x 1500m free

1 x 100m breast w/down

el mad one
  • Options
    todays little offering that might one day help me drag my sorry butt around a triathlon

1500m freestyle.. in one go? 71Km bike???

might one day? do one tomorrow ;)

• Options
    It sounds like that London Tri is going to be a breeze eh Mad[:D]

71K bike then 1500m swim, it must be going OK

David
  • Options
    we shall see - i havent ran in nearly 2 weeks
  • Options
    Mad

I have hardly been running either but when i do it seems to be good, i think that if you have the aerobic fitness from swimming and cycling and are used to running than a 10k shouldn't be too big a problem - especially with all that adrenaline sloshing around in your body.

David
  • Options
    i hope so & proof of the pudding is in 3 weeks so we shall see ... i figure, if need be, if my leg still sh*ite for running, I'll hop the bloody thing if i have to ... the other plan is to do it 3 legged with Jojo(fingers crossed however for the utrasound and these mindblowing physio exercises i have to do .. almost tantric)

madnurse (phil)
  • Options
    By the sounds of the cycling and swimming you should come off these legs fresh enough to cope with whatever the run throws your way...Plus by then you legs should be dandy
  • Options
    danny ???????????

is he a mate & would he be willing to lend me a leg

phil
  • Options
    Danny? what you talking about it says dandy [8D]
  • Options
    erm ok . i knew that .. (feck feck feck)

dandy is not a word either is it ???? a bit hooray henry lardede dah but then again i is northern muck so what would i know

phil

ps this poor guy has knocked on my door asking me to helkp the RSPCA - so I said ok but only if he sponsored me for the traithlon I am doing for the NSPCC - the cheek of it !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I must confess to editing that after you pointed it out...thought you would notice ;)

Thought you'd appreciate me using posh southern words

• Options
    rest day ( splutter!!!!!)

a bit out of sorts not doing anything - yesterday helped loads getting through the swim. Only used breaststroke for about a half a length when I had cramp otherwise felt good. Having broken that barrier I need to work on bringing my time down & also get out running again. The swim also helped ease my dodgy old knees out from the bike.

Loon - Am relying on you to be there next year for this 1/2 IM whether is raining or not !!!

London Tri ... bring it on !!!! [:)]

madnurse (phil)

• Options
    Rest day also...

Nurse I am well impressed you did that swim... I need to pull my finger out eh?

Assuming london goes with out a hitch eg.g death by drowning has that ever happened? Then the half IM is certainly next seasons goal.

Ian

• Options
    a bottle of champagne on the 1/2 IM then ???
  • Options
    Mad

Do you suggest using Champagne as a carb drink for long distance events? With the sugar content and the mineral element it could be quite good, it might account for that inability to stand up after the swim!

David
  • Options
    LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    Never mind the 1/2 IM I'm going to be drinking a bottle of champers on completion of the novice tri!! Come to the IM and I'll need a magnum!!
  • Options
    Champagne's alcohol content will also help as pain killer for those hills...

I aint a gambler (much) but I don't think you will have any trouble kicking me arse on the 1/2 IM so i'll pass on that...

• Options
    dont be wimping out on me now Loon !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Nice to see a bit of friendly banter and gambling... [;)]

5 mile run last night - about 35 minutes..

Swim this morning - 2200m - did a pyramid session - 100, 200, 300, 200, 100 with 30 rest rest of it was warm up, kicking and pulling and cool down

out on the bike tonight - hill work!
  • Options
    I aint wimping I am just working to the rule that however fast you think you are the PI is always quicker
  • Options
    Run Monday evening, 5miles or so

Swim last night, ending with 4x 100m sprints, 30secs rest. all completed at 1:40.

run tonight, then swim tomorrow am.

David
  • Options
    JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Copied the session from the 220 Magazine for swimming. quite knackering, and I was only doing the beginners level lol.

Going for a run tonight also.

• Options
    LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    I'm using the unfit level in the Triathlon Training basics and Running Made Easy both encourage a slow build up and I am finding them excellent and not too tiring so I still feel enthusiastic! Also so far no muscle strains!

Yesterday 20 min run and 25 min bike.

Today 8 x 75m swim with 10 sec RI
  • Options
    guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Just to break my spirit and morale the disaster of disasters happened last night--- I broke my leg. So no more training for a few months the doctor said 3 months best case to jog on flat ground. Looking forward to getting the pot off in 6 weeks so i can bike and swim if she says thats ok.