Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Finally got going this week! I did a 21kM run .....in.... 98min 38 sec. Happy with this effort.Hop you all are getting the miles or kM in!
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    65k bike ride with 20 other guys, avg 31K/hour.

Second time I join this group, they've only started it a month ago. It consists of freelance riders,just for fun, a few triathletes I know amongst them, so this should be fun. First time I find a group that fits me, so very pleased with that.

Happy training!!!!
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Oh joy, looks like I'm the only one who has trained the last two days. Seems my distracting pic of the pointy-guy in T1 has done the trick.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m8.gif[/image][:@][:D]

Did a 7k tempo run yesterday, after a 1hour game of squash with the wife (yes, the game with the racket and ball between two walls).

Just finished an easy 1 mile swim now.

C-ya,

B
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    This week i have been lazy as hell... done nothing till today. Today I did a 10k race in Victoria Park.... got round in 48mins which is a PB so all in all a good day!
  • Options
    Since My last post I have managed a 10kM run on Friday 13th and yesterday I did 186kM on the bike at a 33kmh average. This was quite good but I was in a foul mood and I took a sugar knock with 10 kM to go, so I didn't really enjoy it!

Today I did not swim. Also I think it's time to revise my training programme - more intervals, more swimming, more competitions.

Hope you all had a great weekend

• Options
    Treefrog.... what is your training plan? just our of curiosity.

This morning a 1k swim.
  • Options
    ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Acceleration run at the gym last Friday. This was the first one since I revamped the timings and I only followed it for the first 22 minutes which is probably about right.

Yesterday 65K on the bike. Average cadence 75, average speed 25kph. That did include a good five minutes at two sets of road works. Still not fast enough though.

Today a short swim 25 minutes. Resting for the rest of the day. 5 mile race tomorrow in a forest somewhere.
  • Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Just managed a 10km run at 43'.46". The last time I did it I romped home at 39'.00 so a bit gutted. Not surprised though as my spark seems to have taken a leave of absence. Would dropping intensity and distance for a couple of sessions help my mojo come back or is this just a plateau/blip?
  • Options
    dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    Chris J, my tip is to leave your watch at home for the next few runs. Also, run some different routes and maybe some mixed pace running (fartlek). Maybe have another crack at the 10k loop in early July and see where you're at.

As for my training today, I trotted 7 miles to work with my wife this morning in an attempt to run Wimbleball out of my legs. Felt surprisingly good.
  • Options
    I overslept this morning and had to work very late in fact I'm just in - so nothing today, and I feel lousy for it. Anyway tomorrow is a new day and all that... sfuller as for my training plan I'm still working on the new one but when its' complete I'll post it up on this thread for you all to have a laugh at!!
  • Options
    Treefrog, you seem to be a decent performer.... thats why i ask about your workout.
  • Options
    bryanbryan Posts: 45
    havent done sod all for 3 days!!!!!!!!! feel like a really wanker for it as well.

However on the way to the gym right now for strength training, followed by a brick (bike/run) session. hopefully this will get the juices flowing!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    short Run hill session am (10 sets timed of 1-1:20mins decreasing). Doing 1500-1600m lake swim followed by circa 40k bike ito include efforts of 5min/2min based on local tri route- should get 9 in (although this may have to change as the quicker you get the less sets you fit on a route - i may reduce the rest period to 1 min)
  • Options
    No training yesterday. Ran the Forest Five in Bracknell instead. What a wonderful setting and a lovely course. First time I have run 5 miles in under 38 minutes since 2000. The plan to focus a little this year seems to be working.

30 minutes in the outdoor pool this morning. Very relaxed as I was quite stiff after yesterdays exertions.
  • Options
    I did a fast 10kM run yesterday, well it felt fast as I did it with neither HRM nor stopwatch. Feeling fat though - I'll have to go onto a super starvation nutrition plan! Skinny is good
  • Options
    10k yesterday and a 35k bike on stationary bike tonight...
  • Options
    stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    Did some good brick work today with a 520m swim (10min 44secs), 20km Cycle (35min 38secs) and a 5km run (24mins 54secs). Good cake.
  • Options
    35k = 61 mins... quite pleased with that
  • Options
    Did 40 minutes in the pool this morning after work. Not sure if I will cycle to work this evening.
  • Options
    lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Sounds like every1 has been training hard except me!! Some good times up there as well - good inspiration. Been given all clear from docs and to go out and train (If i die during then to let him know!) So..

Just went out for a 5 mile run. Dunno how long it took me cause i pushed the wrong button on the watch. Oh well. Felt good to be back out training[:)]
  • Options
    bryanbryan Posts: 45
    great gym session today.

1hr 45 min strength work and 45 min bike run brick

felt sweet
  • Options
    10 minute warm up on the bike in the gym. I often do this as a warm up. Today was the first time I used level 9 to keep my HR and cadence in sync. Must be getting fitter. Actual session was an acceleration run on the treadmill. Managed 26 minutes - 4 minutes longer than last week and first time this session has involved periods at sub 7:00 mile pace. Only a minute or so at 6:58 but still significant for me.
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Yesterday, went swim for tri, swimming coaching session in endless pool with video annalysis. Then 20km ride with a hard 8km brick run after.

Today raced in a local 4km TT run, came forth!! chuffed!
  • Options
    Just got in from an 18k run.... longest ive done yet. felt heavy legs though.... good to complete it though.
  • Options
    Good long run that Fuller - good work! [:)] I swam easy 1000m yesterday morning then did some 50m sprints for good measure.

Today I went on a relaxing 32 mile (51km) ride with a mate not bothering about pace or time etc. Just chatted and chilled. Very very windy at times and was a bit hairy with a cross wind as have zipp 404's! Good though.
  • Options
    Yesterday: am 1600m open water followed by 40k bike and 4mile run, pm upper body gym sess

Today: 80k bike, 10k run, may go for tech session 1hr at 50m pool (but cannot locate gym card and too tight to pay for entrance ive already paid for!!)

also need to decide on new bike as have just cracked my frame and on borrowed planet X....ummmmmm????

• Options
    I still haven't got round to finalising the new programme, but it will have loads .. well .. some intervals as its now time to utilise the huge fitness base that I seem to have plateaued on.

On Friday I did a 20kM run (or half marathon as my mesmerised mates remind me) in 95 mins. On Saturday I went sculling and mainly due to family commitments and apalling weather I did not get the planned 150 miles of cycling in.

Hope all is going well for every body, those key events are fast coming upon us!
  • Options
    Went to the pool after finishing work this morning. Got my wetsuit wet for the first time. Did 900m in total just to get used to it. No major problems encountered which is good as I have entered the Terappin Tri next Sunday and it's an open water swim. Things haven't gone totally to plan so that will be my first time in open water.
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Did 90minutes of drill sets in the pool, absolutly knackered!!! Worked myself very hard and felt really good in the water, like I was gliding!! Put this down to finaly biting the bullet and recieving some profesional coaching, worth every penny!!
  • Options
    Day off work today so went out cycling. Planned a route but unable to read or stick to my route so got lost!! Anyway..

52 miles (83.7km) in 3 hours. Average speed of 17.3mph (27.8kph). Not earth shattering but was quite hilly - 1100feet of climbing in all. One 10% hill that was about 2 miles long and that properly did me in! More climbing than I am used to round Oxford. Just finished it off with a mountain of pasta and a whole Soreen malt loaf and prob undid everything I acheived :)!