Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    First real brick of this season yesterday: 42k bike ride,followed by a 5k run.

Went surprisingly well, all goes out to the perfect bike for me(noI won't say which one I own, cause you're already bored by that[:)]).
  • Options
    LSD cycle today partly with club mates.

Recce'd the Marlow Duathlon cycle route - after driving round it last weekend it appeared to be about 75% uphill, it didn't seem too bad on the bike though..

Successfully managed 60 miles which is my first real attempt at the 1/2 IM distance. I did have stops, so not quite as impressive as it sounds [:)]

going to try and do something constructive this afternoon rather than just sleep...
  • Options
    Thank god for Rest Days..............

back to it Tomorrow!
  • Options
    clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    2.8K swim and some strength drills for my hip. Pain has gone now so fingers crossed will be able to see if cycling aggravates it this week! hope not
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    90kM cycle on a newly built up bike - I got a good deal on a Cervelo Soloist Team frame, took it and built it up using kit and wheels that I already had - very enjoyable session 2 1/2 hours
  • Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    Weekend was rest so back on the bike today. 22 miler - seated on all hills again so pleased with that. Tri club swim session tomorrow night.
  • Options
    First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    1 hour in the pool with tumble turn practice then on to bike for 25 mile with hill reps.
  • Options
    5 min's Warm up

40 min's Interval Training on treadmill

20 min's Cycling

50 Crunches

1 min Plank

1 min Oblique Plank (each side)

40 Crunches

45 sec Plank

45 sec Oblique Plank (each side)

30 Crunches

then home for a Strawberry jam sandwich on Wholemeal bread
  • Options
    Nothing - snowed under with work must go and get on with it!
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Last night was swim time. 40 mins of drills.
  • Options
    @ Tri~Dwarf - you must have abs like stone with all those crunches/planks

Yesterday, rest day so.. walk 3m and 1 hour gym class called bodybalance, mixture of yoga, tai-chi and pilates - think it should do me some good though..

today 30 mins of swimming drills...

Tapering for the weekend..
  • Options
    2.5 mile bike to LBS to pick up some Look Keo Sprints. Hoping to test them out tomorrow - weather permitting!

One hour tri swim session tonight - too many kick lengths for my liking!!

• Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    4 mile run this evening - was very wet and windy .. but felt good and the times are coming down and so is the HR (took it easy tonight)

• Options
    So the 8 mile run never happened. Hale and gales stopped play. 40 min swim in stead. The pool was full of an elderly swimming club who seemed really pleased to see me (which felt weird as I am 32) They made a space for me in the middle lane and all watched my first 2 lengths. Now the story gets even stranger, I am a hearing aid wearer so I cant hear much at all when I havent got them in. This old guy got in the same lane as me and said what I heard to be WOOOOHHHLLAAA irannnooottterwad. Now to the none deaf that may not make sense. If you are deaf in actully means the same as it does to you. I then explained quietly that I was deaf and could not hear him. He smiled at me and began shouting at the top of his voice. i like your shorts where di you get them from. to this I said thanks i like them to and I got them from Ebay. By this time evry man and his dog are interested in the conversation and I have had to explain to all the elderly swimmers what ebay is and why I used the internet to buy them. Now this is OK as some people dont use the internet and stuff but come on! I was being shouted at from all sides which means I cant hear anyone as listening to one person is hard enough. After all that they put the slowest person ever in my lane and I could swim 2 lenghts and pass her twice in the time she took to do one.

When I got out I had to chuckle to myself and make a mental note never to swim on tuesday nights again.

• Options
    Yesterday, Tuesday first dedicated interval session on the turbo trainer 4 X 3mins flat outtried to get average so I could use it as a bench mark, but I was all over the place; 1st one at 50kMh, 2nd one at 47kMh and the 3rd one a lowly 41kMh.

Obviously I need to get the recovery and warm up ratios correct. It was a real shock to the system, the idea was to get them all the same average or to increase te average but that did not happen.

I'll perservere!
  • Options
    32k bike commute yesterday.

Lousy weather today, so didn't have to work today.

Did my long run today instead of this weekend, 23k; wet but satisfying!
  • Options
    35 min "foundation" run today at lunch
  • Options
    11 miles on the bike yesterday, including some hill work. Must start working in kms!
  • Options
    1 hour run last night. No distance measured but felt good and strong.
  • Options
    Bad few days - slaughtered with work, but the light is at the end of the tunnel. I have not trained on Wednesdy or Thursday and may not get out tomorrow!

It is very frustrating!

• Options
    Spinning this morning, took it easy.... still unsure how to taper and what to do/how do it... so just doing things easily..
  • Options
    One mile bike to LBS for its free 6 week service 1 mile run home.

30 mins swim doing 50s and 100s tonight
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    1 hour on turbo this morning following a spinervals dvd and 30 min row tonight.

Hitting pool for an hour session, going to time my 2.5k performance then row again tomorrow night.
  • Options
    graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    I also had a turbo session - no slackers, I think one turned up! [8|]
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    50 mins swim tonight - mixture or sets .. was tired and didn't want to go - but enjoyed it for the last 20 mins or so -

Strange heating in the pool tonight though .. shallow end was cold middle was very warm and deep end cold ... felt very strange swimming though the wamth

• Options
    14 mile flat ride on the bike at 90 rpm. 20 min swim working on 100s
  • Options
    Home early from work yesterday, beautifull weather, so grabbed the bike and did a 2 hour easy 'recovery' ride (after the long run the day before).

Wife's out with colegues this evening, so stuck at home with the kids, who are just in bed now.

So no training today, but I'll enjoy the rest of this rest day (yes, I did that on purpose[:)]).
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    30 min row. nothing special but good to be on the rower again.
  • Options
    Interval training:-

5 min Warm up

40 mins Running (3 mins @ 85% / 1 min @ 65%)

20 mins Cycle

Core: 50 Crunches

Oblique plank

40 Crunches

Oblique plank

30 Crunches

• Options
    MowfMowf Posts: 272
    2 and a bit hours bike, followed by the first brick run of the season - only a mile and a bit.