Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I did a technique based swim set of about 2k then rode the 12 miles to work. All ive got to do now is cycle the 12 miles home and were all good!

Shouldnt have just had that nando's though.
  • Options
    bobraynerbobrayner Posts: 27
    44km bike. Terrible time, it's my first ride for 3 months.

Lovely weather for it though, and saw lots of grouse & hares [:)]

• Options
    90 mins Cycle (over 35miles'ish, or 56k in new money)

steady pace

gym:-

Squat jumps (10) + Lunges (10) 1 min rest X 4

Hamstring Curls (15) + Dead lifts (10) 1 min rest X 4

Shoulder Press (10) + Pec Fly (10) 1 min rest X 4

Push ups (20) + Seated Row (10) 1 min rest X 4

(on each set the weight should be heavy enough to make the last couple of Rep's a struggle)
  • Options
    I got out on the bike today for 45mins. Just started training again after a break so just building up.
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    38 mile bike ride this morning - lovely weather - bit hilly for me though - the legs certaonly felt it this afternoon.
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    60k bike ride, very windy. Rode to the 'Kemmelberg', the biggest hill in Flanders, wanted to ride it for the first time. The first part is 17%, which was doable.But then the asphalt changes into cobblestones, and the gradient to 23%, which was the end for me. The stones were so slippery, I was pushing like I was going 20kph, but was staying in place. Took the easy side then which is paved all the way.

Great experience, will go back on better(dryer) conditions.
  • Options
    a well deserved Rest Day.......!

still gotta Bloody work though !!! [>:]
  • Options
    Tri club swim session tonight - was going to do a run earlier but the weather was horrible so sat and watched the athletics instead.

• Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Been busy, busy, busy... had a great day last Friday: 50km bike (solo), 2km swim session with friends, 8km run with neighbour. Saturday was a 5km run. Sunday was a 45km 'Quads on Fire' hilly circuit with two mates who are usually about the same level as me. I was leaving them behind on the climbs! Woo hoo! Being out of work is doing wonders for my fitness, but is clearly unsustainable [:(]

90 min slow run this a.m., legs felt sore for the first 30 mins.
  • Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    Got the bike out today for a 17 miler - much of it into a fierce wind! Incorporated a few cruise intervals..v tough in the wind.

30 mins swim tonight doing 100s
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    1500m swim time trial 23min 46sec (new PB) chuffed!! Then a steady 40km hilly ride.
  • Options
    Excellent work on that swim, MG. A PB is great at this time of the year: looks good for the season ahead.

23:46 is a nice time, too!

This thread has done it's job, again. I'm inspired to train a bit harder. [:D]
  • Options
    Been away for a few days:-

Friday - Weights

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - The Grizzly - 20 miles cross country run in Devon- ouch!!!

Monday - recover
  • Options
    Was aiming to do a 6 mile run tonight but was late setting off so decided on a 5k timed run to see what state my speed was in ... and for me I was very pleased 21.22 for a 5k and it wasn't an all out 100% effort- my best time previously, where I was near to collapse at the end, was over 24 mins, so nearly 3 min improvement :D

• Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    1.5mile swim this morning, which is a good distance for me.

BTW, great work on that swim MG!!!

Lousy weather, so at home today; will do some running this afternoon.
  • Options
    A 1k quickey (yeah right) swim this morning, absolutely gutted with the time though as it would appear i havent improved at all!

Then physio with some very hard and even stranger exercises to do! Still its looking hopefull for 6 weeks time.
  • Options
    PS also GCB great run time!
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    45 mins on the rower. My plan begins next week.
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I have been out of touch for the past few days. I was in London with my rowing crew who were racing throughout the weekend and the last two days - with mixed success.

I got qiute a bit of training done but none of it was real training. I cyccled a very muddy Thames tideway course goodness knows how many times, I ran at least 6 miles whilst carrying essential sparea and my stress levels reached new highs.

Back to the real thing on Thursday .... other work is on the cards for tomorrow

• Options
    5 mile run this evening at steady pace

Cheers clakey :D - appreciated

• Options
    Inspired by MG's efforts I warmed up then did a timed 1500m myself before tonight's 1hr coached swim session. Total for the night was 3900m and one pint of Becks. Sorry, wrong thread for that last bit.

Very happy with the swim time! Looking forwards to my next 'official' 400m timed effort at the start of next month.

Oh, also mini-brick this a.m... 30 mins exercise-bike intervals then 10 mins on the treadmill building from 11 to 16kph.

Can't sleep now. Still wired after the swim lesson. 9pm-10pm is rather late for a max effort session.
  • Options
    Tri club swim session last night. Working through some pyramid sets..good stuff.

Bopo - not being funny but give camomile tea a go. It's worked wonders at "settling" me down after a late night burst of energy!
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Back at last night after 2 days off.

30 mins core and then some weights.
  • Options
    29k bike, seated on all hills, followed by 1.3 mile brick run. Loved it.

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Nothing today - far too tired
  • Options
    Yesterday did 1hr 10min cross country run. Today, got home from work and did easy 5k to relax the legs. Took dog but she doesn't seem very keen running on the lead!!!! She is now looking forward to going to the park tomorrow.
  • Options
    20 mins easy run - that's my lot for today!
  • Options
    50 mins swim tonight - with some cheeky blighters slowing up the lane for 10 mins ... (I am slow but they were slower ... which was good in a strange way)
  • Options
    45min Spinervals on turbo at home, then 1 hour cross country run.
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    A mile swim this morning, either a run or a ride this evening, haven't decided yet, depends on the weather!