Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    1k open water swim over noon at work [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m16.gif[/image][image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m8.gif[/image].

1 hour bike ride this evening.
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    10 mile ime trial tonight, I was flying until I took the wrong exit at the last roundabout and ended up with a DNF!
  • Options
    I had a great weekend, on Friday I did 1 hour running at recovery pace, Saturday some light cycling and then yesterday, Sunday I did a super brick! I did a dress rehersal half IM; 94kM cycling at 36.6kMh average(2.35.9) and then the 20kM run in 99 min 53 sec. I felt quite good. Today I recovered and did a 1kM swim at recovery pace. Boy do I feel smug!!
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Did a nice 1.6km swim this morning....

10k run tomorrow morning before work..
  • Options
    stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    5K run today - 24mins 09secs. Circuit of press ups, sit-ups and squats. Then some free weights. Swimming after work tonight.

Looking forward to thew London Tri.

Train hard people.
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    [:-] Stunned, as ever, at the frog's cycling performance....

I managed to not do anything at all this week on account of an injury which I aggravated in the Salisbury sprint tri. Doctor says I have a hernia in my groin and has referred me to a surgeon. I hate everybody.

I am cleared for swimming, though. Time trial tonight. PB for the fourth month in a row, hopefully.
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    6 mile flat run today, well happy with my time, pace (38min 33sec). Felt v strong, so hopefully carry this form into Windsor on the 15th!!!! [:)]
  • Options
    not a lot since tapering for first OD-race of the season on next sunday[8D].

Wanna do lots of stuff, but I really need to hold back.

Did a interval 6k run today.
  • Options
    10k run, 49 mins... a minute faster than before
  • Options
    Thank you for the compliment Bomopho, to be honest it was a good performance, and all the splits were within 52 seconds of each other - I think its down to the 60kM turbo sessions ie good honest hard work! I hope you recover, my old sculling coach is also recovering from similar and he's very positive about getting back at it!

Training wise - nothing today recovery day

• Options
    Yeah, despite my previous posting I'm trying to stay positive. I'm currently in denial, convinced that my doctor is wrong and all I really need is a bit of physio... I'll let the surgeon decide next Monday.

Happily, I can still swim - running is a big no, and the bike causes a few twinges so I'll just have to go back to the bad old days before I was a tri-addict, and swim twice a day instead.

Training: The 400m time trial last night resulted in another PB! 5:38 was the score - the work I've been doing to stop the cross-over in my stroke is really paying off. PB for the fourth month in a row. More importantly, I did a very relaxed 6:23 400m in a sprint tri the other weekend and shot through t1 and onto the bike faster than ever before.... I know I keep saying it, but in the swim it is so important to not get tired. All this speed training is really giving me a huge comfort zone in the water, so I can really attack the bike.

I've told my coach that if she can help me find the other 8 seconds to go under 5:30 then I'm buying her a bottle of bubbly.[:)]
  • Options
    ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Finally managed to get back to running properly today. 80 minutes worth of long run and I didn't even notice the dodgy calf. Went to the pool for some drills this afternoon. Tomorrow - who knows?
  • Options
    Like you Ashthetash I managed to get back into it today, I did a 74 min run (1.14.02) over a hilly off road course. I quite enjoyed it and feel better for it.

Now that we are in the race season I wish all the contributors to this thread all the best it has and is a factor in my motivation to train! Great stuff

• Options
    notmilknotmilk Posts: 35
    I did my first run today! 10 laps around the 400m track at the local stadium before work this morning.

I'm not at all fast but quite pleased that I managed 10 laps without stopping. (Time was approx 20 to 25 minutes - not ready to be clock watching just yet!)
  • Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Final heavy pool session before I taper for Windsor, did 3 x 500m all at the target 8min 20ish seconds, then some pull bouy, bi-lat and kick float drills. Went for an easy jog after dunno how far just took in some nice scenerey.
  • Options
    40 K bike ride two days ago, interval.

A very very easy swim yesterday evening; 1k , last swim before first race of the season for me [8D].

Rest day today!!!

Really need to force myself to do nothing and rest, I'm actually ready for the race, but still need to wait two days.[:'(]
  • Options
    notmilknotmilk Posts: 35
    Did a Bodypump class last night - and a 20km MTB ride over the mountain this afternoon.

Not really "training" - just a couple of hours out on the bike (I had 2 punctures [:(] )
  • Options
    Friday, I started out on a 7.40ish per mile 21kM with a friend but guess what it ended up getting faster 7.10 per mile we did it in 95 minutes I was wretching at the end.

Saturday I took off to ..... pick up my beautiful new road bike a Cervelo R3 sl with Campag Record and Hyperon wheels..... that blew ALL my savings.

Today 94kM on the tri bike at 35.8kMh. Feeling tired now!

• Options
    Saturday - 10 mile run at about 8 min mile pace and yesterday a 25km turbo
  • Options
    pigsy65pigsy65 Posts: 25
    Saturday-1hr cardio at the gym, then in the steam room.

Sunday-45mins core strength training followed by 40k bike in glorious weather, felt great!
  • Options
    dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    Saturday = 2 x 1k lake swim then 5 mile easy run

Sunday = 30/5 miles of hilly bike/run brick in the morning and 3 X 500m swim in the Lido in the afternoon (last one without the wetsuit - so pretty refreshing!)

Today = 7 mile run to work.

Easing down now for Wimbleball - and trying to eat less in order not to have to carry any extra up those hills.

Good luck to all those racing this weekend (or any weekend really).
  • Options
    stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    Friday - 2 mile pool swim (57 mins) pretty boring.

Saturday - easy 6 mile run with the missus

Sunday - Stoke on Trent arf marathon 1.34.09 very hilly, very hot, very painful [:@]
  • Options
    Managed to get some of everything in last Thursday and Friday including a 19:56 PB round the local tri course. Weekend was lost due to work. Today I was back on the local tri course. This time on the bike and another PB 44:06. 41 secs up on my previous best and 51 sec better than last month. At last some progress on the bike. Also managed to get a 20 minute warm down in the outdoor pool which opened at the weekend. Summers here and I love it.

Training could be awkward for the next week as I have six consecutive days at work.
  • Options
    Nothing today - far too tired, managed to mow the lawn.

Well done on the PB ashthetash

• Options
    Hooray for sunny weather! Managed to get the gimp suit on and go for a mile or so in the sea at a fairly good pace. Overtook a bunch of other gimps from a local club, anyway.

My thighs hurt like hell afterwards for the first couple of sea swims each year... I think it is the constant 'jittering' in the kick to keep my body position stable. Anybody else notice this?
  • Options
    Did a oly triathlon on sunday, which was my best until now. So no complaints here, and since we're in the start of the season, this is very promising.

Did nothing yesterday.

Will do nothing today, except enjoying the great weather with a glass of wine!!! [8D][8D][8D][image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

• Options
    Nothing today either, I must have some sort of sleeping sickness!
  • Options
    Yesterday a gentle cycle to work. Then a much harder cycle home followed immediately by 4x6min hard run with 2 mins rest. Not sure of the exact zones as my HR monitor needs a new battery. It a Polar S120. I've had it for some time and was thinking of upgrading so I'll probably do without for a bit whilst I decide what to do.
  • Options
    Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Managed a 40km ride in 1.08 followed by a 20 min brick run. Really enjoyed it and buzzing now. Great thread for motivation.
  • Options
    First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Having a busy week Started sunday with the Weymouth sprint finishing 1hr 23 and 5th in age group so well pleased.

Monday was easy run 50min

Tuesday 40k cycle and sea swim 40 min

Today race pace 30 min run

Now off for a beer[:)]